Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee dropped

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
A MINIMUM of 6 minutes.

We have a lot of things to complain about with VAR but it’s just poor officiating every week with inconsistencies.

I still think we’ll avoid the drop!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thought he was okay. Very brave for the monitor decision. Correct on Kane's penalty (although it was a little soft). Correct on the handball shout at the end.

He had a lot of niggling stuff to deal with. Not an easy match to ref.

No complaints.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thought he was okay. Very brave for the monitor decision. Correct on Kane's penalty (although it was a little soft). Correct on the handball shout at the end.

No complaints.

And the pull back on Trossard?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He was the first referee to tell var to sod off and stick by his original decision. And in OUR favour, can you believe it? I thought he was rather good. Can’t help that Kane’s a cynical, cheating ****.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And the pull back on Trossard?

Not sure of the exact rule. The question seemed to be whether he had let go at the point of delivery. Didn't look conclusive enough. I was frustrated but not annoyed by it. It would have been soft.

But this is the point. There are always margins for error. I suspect if all three had gone our way it wouldn't warrant as much debate.

Even VAR cannot be perfect.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

No complaints.

Correct on Kane's penalty? Are there niceties of the laws I don't appreciate? Did a lock of Kane' s hair fall in to the penalty area?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not sure of the exact rule. The question seemed to be whether he had let go at the point of delivery. Didn't look conclusive enough. I was frustrated but not annoyed by it. It would have been soft.

But this is the point. There are always margins for error. I suspect if all three had gone our way it wouldn't warrant as much debate.

Johnny Cantor and Warren Aspinall both thought it was a penalty, as did Paul Scholes and Ian Wright( Wright , Wright).
They can’t all be wrong( wrong , wrong )

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Very much enjoying the Spurs fans crying online about our goal given how lenient the ref was to them all evening

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Very much enjoying the Spurs fans crying online about our goal given how lenient the ref was to them all evening

Same on R5 606...”was that a soft Kane penalty?” “No way....cast iron”
“What about up the other end? ..”...”definitely not a penalty”
“Ref was against us all night”

:facepalm:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
FFS. Kane manufactured the foul for the so called penalty. He just backed in as he knows that referees are too stupid to know what is happening.

Lallana made a genuine attempt to win the ball. Always give the benefit to the honest player. Kane didn't even bother trying to challenge.

VAR is not needed and will never be used correctly. I hate it with a passion. Would have been 1-1 and a fair result.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Attwell gave Palarse a pen for less :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No complaints.

I did wonder if the ref had been told/realised during the h/t break that maybe he had fecked us over with the penalty and the non penalty and was thinking about this as he viewed the monitor. The Spurs supporting commentary team were absolutely convinced our goal would be ruled out. In fact they had me convinced until the ref gave the goal.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I did wonder if the ref had been told/realised during the h/t break that maybe he had fecked us over with the penalty and the non penalty and was thinking about this as he viewed the monitor. The Spurs supporting commentary team were absolutely convinced our goal would be ruled out. In fact they had me convinced until the ref gave the goal.

I did wonder if he would have given it in front of a full home crowd.

When he was looking for so long I thought that he couldn't then give it, there was nothing 'clear and obvious' against his original decision if it took that long.

Also, if it was originally right in front of him he may have felt a prune for reversing it.

I actually felt sorry for him last night. There was a lot of niggly stuff going on with both teams.

As regards the cheating thing, it is a wider concern for me. I'm not going to single out Kane when we have both Maupay and Connolly who are just as culpable of this sort of thing. But now having seen Kane do exactly the same thing against West Ham it seems there is a problem developing in the EPL that I haven't noticed before.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Trossard Pen wasn't really clear from any angle. For me I'd agree with Keown ( I don't normally) it's a full on Lallana by Kane and the March tackle is a blatant foul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here