Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay Dropped

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From the whole squad. Club saying purely tactical which is obviously complete bollocks. You don’t drop our best striker who’s been decent this season out of the whole squad for that. So what’s happened? A major incident off the pitch? Covid? I just can’t see it being tactical. I’m sure the rumours will now start - miraculously the attention seekers seem to speak out about what they’ve heard AFTER the news of the dropping - but I do think there’s something wrong here.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Potter being clever

making sure fans dont ever expect anything in these games

nah dunno , cant be tactical

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
From the whole squad. Club saying purely tactical which is obviously complete bollocks. You don’t drop our best striker who’s been decent this season out of the whole squad for that. So what’s happened? A major incident off the pitch? Covid? I just can’t see it being tactical. I’m sure the rumours will now start - miraculously the attention seekers seem to speak out about what they’ve heard AFTER the news of the dropping - but I do think there’s something wrong here.

Translation: Let's start some rumours.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep I’m sure we’ll find out what happened at some stage. I can’t see it being tactical.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe Maupay took at look at the teamsheet and asked to be excused.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If Trossard is left up front on his own we will have a problem but to be fair to the lad, he is generally the one who most looks like scoring. Maupay and Connolly have been poor in front of goal lately and this may be the kick up the arse they need

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Better still, let's go for a full on conspiracy theory!

alens.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Translation: Let's start some rumours.

I’m the least likely poster to start rumours or believe rumours, so may want to adjust your translator! I’m not trying to fuel anything, but there’s something fishy here surely..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Better still, let's go for a full on conspiracy theory!

Sorry, not my intention. I wouldn’t want to do that. I just think there’s something hugely not right here - and like to think I’m level headed?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I’m the least likely poster to start rumours or believe rumours, so may want to adjust your translator! I’m not trying to fuel anything, but there’s something fishy here surely..

:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was thinking this and that a break is a nice kick up the arse for the three dropped.

Come back stronger, more focused.

I really hope that’s it. But they have just had a nice 2 week break... maybe it’s a kick up the arse thing but Maupay was quality against West Brom apart from that finish he hit the keepers leg on. His hold up play was immense.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe he's gone on strike as he wants...more pay?

Anyone know where I left my coat?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You’re simply saying what everybody else is thinking.

Yeh sorry - speculating, but not trying to start rumours. My ‘something not right here’ radar has just gone through the roof which rarely happens...! I’m a bit perplexed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here