Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] MOT -extension?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have two MOTs due in early November, anyone know if the Government are giving some leeway this time?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who knowns - I doubt the Government even know.

Interesting that on the GOV.UK site, the only mention of vehicles is the closing of showrooms and car washes.

From that does it imply that car repairs/services remain open.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Our two cars are booked in for the 9th and 16th November. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow if they can go ahead.

This lockdown actually seems almost quite lenient compared to the first so wouldn’t surprise me if garages that carry out repairs and MOT’s etc stay open.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Garages are classed as essential surely

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry I thought twice about posting this but don’t seem able to delete it, can a mod help please

Last edited by a moderator:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Garages are classed as essential surely

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

IIRC last time they were allowed to work on essential workers vehicles. (Like driving instructors were allowed to teach essential workers, I don't know whether they were allowed to get their hair cut though).

But I wouldn't think we'll have an answer on this lockdown for a couple of days yet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am pretty sure they are and I have seen one garage advertise on Facebook that they are open.

Permission to say “Cock”?

I am in quarantine having returned from France until Weds, the day before lockdown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here