Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Tottenham v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Date: Sunday 1st November 2020
Kick-off: 19:15 GMT
Referee: Graham Scott
Assistants: Simon Long, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Jonathan Moss
Additional VAR: Nick Hopton

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho is set to rotate his squad after describing Spurs' performance in the midweek Europa League defeat as poor.

Eric Dier and Tanguy Ndombele are expected to be fit after being rested for Thursday's game as a precaution.

Brighton captain Lewis Dunk is banned and forward Alireza Jahanbakhsh is out with a hamstring problem.

Midfielder Davy Propper has a slim chance of featuring after returning from an Achilles injury.

Danny Welbeck could make his first appearance for the club. He was an unused substitute for Monday's draw with West Brom.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Tottenham have won their past five home meetings with Brighton in all competitions.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost six successive away matches against Spurs.
    [*=left]The Seagulls haven't won at Tottenham since a 1-0 victory in October 1981.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham are unbeaten in five league matches (W3, D2).
    [*=left]They have scored a league-high 16 goals going into this weekend.
    [*=left]However, they could go four home league fixtures without a win for the first time since December 2013.
    [*=left]Harry Kane has been directly involved in 13 goals this season, the most ever recorded by a player after six games of a Premier League campaign.
    [*=left]Kane's eight assists in six Premier League appearances is already the most he has provided in an entire season.
    [*=left]Son Heung-min has scored 10 goals in his past seven games in all competitions, with eight of those coming in the Premier League.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have drawn their past two matches and have won just once in the league this season (D2, L3).
    [*=left]Nonetheless, the Seagulls have lost just one of their past 10 Premier League away games (W3, D6).
    [*=left]Albion have conceded seven goals from set-pieces in the Premier League this season, the highest number in the division.
    [*=left]They have lost 16 of their past 18 Premier League away fixtures versus the established top-six teams (W1, D1).
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has scored four of Brighton's five first-half goals in this season's Premier League - the other was an own goal.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
This type of match is a write off for us.

It's a shame we couldn't secure a win from our previous two games against Palace and West Brom.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
With my Albion tinted glasses removed I can only see us getting beaten here, probably 2-0 or 3-1, something like that, but there have been some very strange results so far this season and we do usually do well away from home so you never know, football is a funny old game at times! Fearing the worst but optimistically hoping for the best.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
My reasoning mind tells me not to expect anything from this one. But my blue and white heart says - We beat them comfortably at home last season. They are inconsistent. They are only human . No predictions but we can do this .....
Come on , let’s roast them Spuds ! :albion2:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
My reasoning mind tells me not to expect anything from this one. But my blue and white heart says - We beat them comfortably at home last season. They are inconsistent. They are only human . No predictions but we can do this .....
Come on , let’s roast them Spuds ! :albion2:
Yeah, let's mash 'em!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
"Brighton captain Lewis Dunk is banned" reminder what a poor decision by our captain it was at palace. Not been at his best but a massive loss. Hopefully will come back recharged and on form.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Don't have a good feeling about this one.

No, hard to get excited about this one. Even if we play well I just don't feel we'll end up getting much from a game thesedays for obvious reasons, especially v the likes of Spurs. Hope I'm wrong...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was at the 1981 win at WHL. Proper smash and grab with a goal from Michael Robinson. Spurs would have gone top if they’d won.

We can do this with a bit of luck and a team that digs in :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not quite sure what it says about the Prem this season as even if we do get thumped, to only have won 1 game from 7 we will still be outside the bottom three!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Game is on Peacock (previously NBC Gold) which has a 7 day free trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apologies to spam the thread with such a request, but does anyone know of a way I can watch the game in full at a later time in the evening?

KO timing is brutal but I’d like to be able to watch the full match later, having avoided the score.

I know the West Brom game was shown in full that evening at 11pm, but I’ve checked and Sky aren’t showing this one until 3.15am...

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Apologies to spam the thread with such a request, but does anyone know of a way I can watch the game in full at a later time in the evening?

KO timing is brutal but I’d like to be able to watch the full match later, having avoided the score.

I know the West Brom game was shown in full that evening at 11pm, but I’ve checked and Sky aren’t showing this one until 3.15am...

0315-0500 on Monday morning. Good luck with that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great to see our friend Hoops back as our 4th official after breaking the rules to probably cost us points against Man U. What a guy. Brilliant as always from the FA.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Going to Likely Lads this one and watch it in the morning. Not paying for the PPV rubbish again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What have we got to looooose.
If we beats Spuds, Albion fans will be dry, pundits will be talking about Spuds.
If we lose, Albion fans will be wet, pundits will be talking about Spuds.
GP still will be our coach.

Confident to get something tonight :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here