Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's announcement - at some point today, when he feels like it

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I can. Yesterday in the garage just up the road from my place. Two UPS drivers. Maybe they were both exempt? Frankly, I doubt it. They weren't exempt from not keeping to anything close to the 2m rule as they wrestled each other playfully though.

One household, same sex couple, foreplay ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But but only yesterday we were told it had dropped to 1.1 >1.3 ??

They test the sample groups weekly. I'm in the group. They come round every Wednesday. They then aggregate the data. Think of it like a general election exit poll- only more accurate as my swab cannot lie.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
But but only yesterday we were told it had dropped to 1.1 >1.3 ??

Go figure.

If that were really true would we be on the cusp of another national lockdown?

It suits their narrative, to keep the economy from tanking, and look like they have it under control.

Unfortunately Boris's bluster doesn't work on a virus.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How can they lock us up in sussex. The number of serious cases in sussex hospitals would fit on a 1 carriage falmer to brighton train.

Absolute carnage.

Vallance and Whitty ... dear oh dear

I was talking with a paramedic I know this morning.
He says it is starting to get bad again.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moved to 5 p. m.

Obviously they can’t sober up Johnson as quickly as they thought.

Probably having a nice lunch and forgot he had a rare Saturday appearance scheduled, its an easy mistake to make when you are Prime Minister.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Peston details what he expects (ie has been told) will be announced...

[tweet]1322562692771696640[/tweet]

I may have to re-assess my opinion of the Government. Leaking the lockdown yesterday and then leaking the detail today before the announcement shows some (albeit, limited) awareness of political competence. Maybe the words totally and utterly incompetent were unfair.

Obviously doesn't make up for the complete political incompetence of totally going against the SAGE advice, calling the Opposition suggestion 'political posturing' and then missing the opportunity of school half term, before belatedly U-turning again to the Opposition's position, but at least it's a start. So maybe those words weren't so unfair ???

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I may have to re-assess my opinion of the Government. Leaking the lockdown yesterday and then leaking the detail today before the announcement shows some (albeit, limited) political competence. Maybe the words totally and utterly incompetent were unfair,

Obviously doesn't make up for the complete political incompetence of totally going against the SAGE advice, calling the Opposition suggestion political posturing. and then missing the opportunity of school half term, before belatedly U-turning again, but at least it's a start.

Boris is out of his depth surrounded by a largely mediocre government ministers rewarded for their views on Brexit rather than competency. We have been hugely unlucky as a population over the last couple of years is one way of looking at it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why is leaking it a form of competence? It's really annoying

Because if you are announcing that you have got it completely wrong and that you are going to U-turn, you want the electorate to be forewarned, as then the shock and outrage has had time to die down a little, before you announce it.

Political competence, not Governmental competence. (I was going to say two completely different things but, in Johnson's case, probably not).

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Peston details what he expects (ie has been told) will be announced...

[tweet]1322562692771696640[/tweet]

Talk that what was due to be announced Monday was leaked late Friday which put the government in to the position of having to scurry round and accelerate it's policy.

" No 10 has launched official leak inquiry via cabinet sec after details of meeting btwn PM/Hancock/Sunak/Gove were leaked last night. No 10 had wanted to hold announcements until Monday and now having to change plans. There are some very furious people in govt this morning "

No idea if this link to Twitter will work but here it is ...https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1322472470901915648

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Be interesting to see what the law actually says this time - hopefully it will explicitly allow more outdoor exercise.

I also have a very ill relative - and so hopefully the rules are on hospital/hospice visiting will allow some contact.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Talk that what was due to be announced Monday was leaked late Friday which put the government in to the position of having to scurry round and accelerate it's policy.

" No 10 has launched official leak inquiry via cabinet sec after details of meeting btwn PM/Hancock/Sunak/Gove were leaked last night. No 10 had wanted to hold announcements until Monday and now having to change plans. There are some very furious people in govt this morning "

No idea if this link to Twitter will work but here it is ...https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1322472470901915648

I made the mistake of thinking there may be some logic and leadership underpinning the last 24hrs announcements and leaks like there would be in any normal Government. It looks like I may have been overestimating their political competence after all :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here