Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's announcement - at some point today, when he feels like it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sturgeon asking people not to travel to or from England and Drakeford saying the Welsh cabinet will discuss potential border issues tomorrow that may arise from the 4pm announcement. I wonder what's going to be announced. ???
Further evidence, if any were needed, that this pandemic needs to be treated as a national emergency, not fragmented down to the four constituent nations.

Bearing in mind the evidence of many on here - and the evidence of my own eyes too - too many people are failing to wear masks in supermarkets. Time for it to become compulsory, IMHO - no mask, no entry, no exceptions; do your shopping on line, or get someone to do it for you.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Whoah. Hold on. It’s a scientific advisory board. It’s not biased, more it’s acting within scope.

To be fair if you ask a scientist put his reputation on the line then they will always err on the side of caution. If you ask them what the likely prognosis of a situation regarding mortality etc then it is never going to be optimistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How can they lock us up in sussex. The number of serious cases in sussex hospitals would fit on a 1 carriage falmer to brighton train.

Absolute carnage.

Vallance and Whitty ... dear oh dear

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It will be a tribute to Premier League footballers and lots of pretty graphs showing how Man Utd and Liverpool will save the planet from everything nature can throw at it .

Then the bombshell announcement the nation feared , a complete ban on plastic toys that reside inside Christmas crackers .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It will be a tribute to Premier League footballers and lots of pretty graphs showing how Man Utd and Liverpool will save the planet from everything nature can throw at it .

Then the bombshell announcement the nation feared , a complete ban on plastic toys that reside inside Christmas crackers .
What about the Christmas cracker jokes..?!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Further evidence, if any were needed, that this pandemic needs to be treated as a national emergency, not fragmented down to the four constituent nations.

Bearing in mind the evidence of many on here - and the evidence of my own eyes too - too many people are failing to wear masks in supermarkets. Time for it to become compulsory, IMHO - no mask, no entry, no exceptions; do your shopping on line, or get someone to do it for you.

Yet I can't remember the last time I saw anyone without a mask in a supermarket or anywhere else where they are mandatory for that matter

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yet I can't remember the last time I saw anyone without a mask in a supermarket or anywhere else where they are mandatory for that matter

That's good, but I'd bet a lot of money on you being in a minority (in my case, it was yesterday).

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
How can they lock us up in sussex. The number of serious cases in sussex hospitals would fit on a 1 carriage falmer to brighton train.

Absolute carnage.

I heard from a Police Officer today that there are 50-60 covid admissions in the RSCH alone.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I can. Yesterday in the garage just up the road from my place. Two UPS drivers. Maybe they were both exempt? Frankly, I doubt it. They weren't exempt from not keeping to anything close to the 2m rule as they wrestled each other playfully though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I can. Yesterday in the garage just up the road from my place. Two UPS drivers. Maybe they were both exempt? Frankly, I doubt it. They weren't exempt from not keeping to anything close to the 2m rule as they wrestled each other playfully though.

There's always going to be some twats. Every country has them unfortunately. I was reading a while back about Holland, for example, and the amount of people flouting the mask rules there. Fact is, vast majority are wearing masks where they should.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There's always going to be some twats. Every country has them unfortunately. I was reading a while back about Holland, for example, and the amount of people flouting the mask rules there. Fact is, vast majority are wearing masks where they should.

Yep, I agree.

As in so many areas though, the actions of the few have consequences for the many. In some cases for the better (BoB, for example), in some for the worse (CV-19, for example).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, a majority do wear masks - and nobody has suggested anything else. It's the twattish minority who don't that are the problem - they need to have it made compulsory; wear a mask or you can't come in. Even the thickest should be able to get that message!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Absolute carnage.

Things are worse than we are led to believe.

Imperial college have been doing their own testing study, randomly testing a broad cross section of the public. Their findings paint a bleak picture.

They say the R rate in London is around 2.8 and down here around 2.0.

Because NHS testing is mainly focused on those displaying symptoms, many unsymptomatic cases are not being counted.

ICL's random testing is picking up these missed cases and contradicting the official figures.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Things are worse than we are lead to believe.

Imperial college have been doing their own testing study, randomly testing a broad cross section of the public. Their findings paint a bleak picture.

They say the R rate in London is around 2.8 and down here around 2.0.

Because NHS testing is mainly focused on those displaying symptoms, many unsymptomatic cases are not being counted.

ICL's random testing is picking up these missed cases and contradicting the official figures.

But but only yesterday we were told it had dropped to 1.1 >1.3 ??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here