Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's announcement - at some point today, when he feels like it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It obviously didn't occur to anyone in Government that when the Covid rate started falling, they could use the lull to plan and prepare for the likely eventuality of a second wave in the Autumn.

What about a plan for if there's a second wave because it will likely coincide with schools, colleges and Universities going back ?

Maybe teach University students/Sixth Form/Secondary students remotely for a while.
Maybe delay the start of the University year until we see what's happening.
Maybe have a plan for what to do if the second wave starts growing.
Maybe plan lockdowns to coincide with school holidays as a lot of parents will be on holiday anyway.
Maybe extend the school holidays for a longer lockdown at half term and Xmas.
Maybe use the lull to get Test and Trace working efficiently.
Maybe prepare all the communications for each step of the plans, so they are ready to go
Maybe plan Travel restrictions
Maybe introduce testing and quarantine at airports

Nah F*** it, we'll do it on the fly and I'll phone the BBC at 7 to see if they'll delay Strictly :shootself

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It obviously didn't occur to anyone in Government that when the Covid rate started falling, they could use the lull to plan and prepare for the likely eventuality of a second wave in the Autumn.

What about a plan for if there's a second wave because it will likely coincide with schools, colleges and Universities going back ?

Maybe teach University students/Sixth Form/Secondary students remotely for a while.
Maybe plan lockdowns to coincide with school holidays as a lot of parents will be on holiday anyway.
Maybe prepare all the communications for each step of the plans, so they are ready to go

Nah F*** it, we'll do it on the fly and I'll phone the BBC at 7 to see if they'll delay Strictly :shootself

I recall at the beginning of all this, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] provided the UCL report and summarised it for us. I'm pretty sure he used the term 'haywire' for the autumn. Doing it 'on the fly' sums Johnson up.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Maybe we'll encourage people to go out and spend money in the pubs and sod the consequences of possible contagion!

bhatony

Oct 30, 2021
Every time i see Guppy in there he has a tin of mushrooms and thats it.
God know what his diet is.
do you need your eyes tested guppy never eat any mushrooms
guppy in the bell and the wellington before games
you can tell him where he kept the can opener

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It’s quite interesting reading this thread now. So many of the predictions about entire industries shutting and others changing for good, which were totally reasonable assumptions at the time, have thankfully proven totally incorrect.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s quite interesting reading this thread now. So many of the predictions about entire industries shutting and others changing for good, which were totally reasonable assumptions at the time, have thankfully proven totally incorrect.
Nightlife industry is pretty much in the mud

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It's an invaluable time capsule, this thread. It's a temptation to think now, "well things weren't as bad as I remember", when yes, they were. Horrid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here