Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Some rare and very good footage of The Small Faces

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I looked for somewhere else to put this rather than start a new thread but couldn’t find anywhere.

Came across this by chance and if you are a Small Faces fan I can guarantee that you will bloody love it!,

https://youtu.be/IPmXGCotWJI

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I looked for somewhere else to put this rather than start a new thread but couldn’t find anywhere.

Came across this by chance and if you are a Small Faces fan I can guarantee that you will bloody love it!,

https://youtu.be/IPmXGCotWJI

Brilliant , I am so lucky to have seen them live when they had a reunion tour at the Dome , Steve Marriott was a true great.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Went to see the All or Nothing, the Mod Musical at the London Arts Theatre a few years ago. It was brilliant and took me back to the day. Kenny Jones’s book was a good insight into the band and how Marriott was undermined by his record label who issued tracks behind his back. An underrated band that deserves more airtime. Tin Soldier is one of my favourite tracks of all time.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Wow! Thanks for posting.

Shame they stretched the picture to 16/9 making them the smaller, fatter faces, but what an amazing set. Such energy!

Brilliant group. I wish I could jump down a time hole and see them in their prime at the Hippodrome or Dome.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am a little bit too young to have seen them live. There is a tribute band called the Small Fakers who are very good. Personally would prefer to see them in Concorde 2 with quick access to toilets and alcohol rather than some super group in a mammoth stadium but i guess people might argue that's not the real deal.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for posting this, one of my favourite bands of all time.
My late elder brother was a Brighton mod, often picking me up from school on his Lambretta GT200, so I was brought up on their music.
We also went to see All Or Nothing, the stage play, best theatre musical I have ever seen and as said earlier, Kenny Jones book, Let The Good Times Roll, is an
absolute must read.
Steve Marriott had a wonderful voice and he was totally stitched up by his manager and record company. A sad loss.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Brilliant , I am so lucky to have seen them live when they had a reunion tour at the Dome , Steve Marriott was a true great.

I was there too, a great gig. Marriott was magnificent (and so was his spitting). If only the great Ronnie Lane had still been with us and with them. The more time goes on the more I think he was one of the great musical talents of his era.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Superd. Gone far too soon Steve Marriott. I went to see Paul Weller at the Top rank just after he died, I didn't know until PW announced it and played a stirring version of Tin Soldier, With real emotion in his voice. An awesome song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here