Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Usyk vs Chisora

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing

Cant wait. Going to be a good fight. Usyk the superior boxer but del boy is looking great and the lightest he has been.

Wasn't impressed with Usyk's first heavyweight fight against witherspoon. 3 stone weight difference at the weigh in today.

I honestly think if Chisora can get past his slick movement and run him down he will get the knockout.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I predict a similar fight to Fury v Chisora 2.
Usyk will be too slick for Del Boy.
But of course this is heavyweight boxing.....always the chance of a spark out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Back in the day, I'd have watched this with eager anticipation, along with a large proportion of people who would discuss the fight at work on Monday morning.
Now it's on Sky (or whatever other box office channel) - nah. Compared to what it was, boxing as a mass sport has lost it. I'm sure there's lots of money in it. Fine........on you go ..........

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Will be a slow start for calculated Usyk, Del will gas after 5 rounds after chasing, then he'll quickly get picked apart with a TKO between 8-10.

Looking forward to it.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
David Haye was supremely confident of Chisoras chances yesterday and he reckons that the bookies have got it massively wrong in pricing up the fight.

Usyk expecting to come in and box Chisora into submission, but Del Boy will be working inside and tying Usyk up all night. With a 3 stone weight advantage he’s saying that Usyk will never have had to deal with such a challenge before and he’s not a massive puncher. Chisora can soak up the punches.

Before that interview I gave Chisora little chance and I saw him being boxed into submission, but now I’m not so sure!
Wasn’t planning to buy it but I will be now, Haye as promoter has done a good job on me :lolol:

It definitely can’t be any worse than the £15 I shelled out for the WBA match can it?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

It surprises me a little that anyone is even entertaining anything other than a Usyk win in this one. David Haye, himself having come up from the Cruiserweight division, comfortably dispatched a prime Chisora eight years ago.

I’ve seen David Haye fight a number of times in the flesh, and he was a very good fighter, no doubt about that. But was he technically as good as Oleksandr Usyk? I’m not sure he’s even close, personally.

I think this will be comfortable for Usyk. I just don’t see any other outcome, height and weight disadvantage or not.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not paying £15 to Barry Hearn for a non title bout. Bob Arum thought it was obscene for Sky to be charging extra for this card during a pandemic. The stream I had for White v Putin was pretty good, so that's what I will try again.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It surprises me a little that anyone is even entertaining anything other than a Usyk win in this one. David Haye, himself having come up from the Cruiserweight division, comfortably dispatched a prime Chisora eight years ago.

I’ve seen David Haye fight a number of times in the flesh, and he was a very good fighter, no doubt about that. But was he technically as good as Oleksandr Usyk? I’m not sure he’s even close, personally.

I think this will be comfortable for Usyk. I just don’t see any other outcome, height and weight disadvantage or not.

I agree that it will likely be a Usyk win but I actually think Chisora is a better fighter now than he was when he fought David Haye. He certainly seems to be much disciplined in terms of training and has produced some decent performances in recent years.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Not paying £15 to Barry Hearn for a non title bout. Bob Arum thought it was obscene for Sky to be charging extra for this card during a pandemic. The stream I had for White v Putin was pretty good, so that's what I will try again.

The fight wouldn't be taking place if it wasn't on PPV as there wouldn't be enough money on the table and this is even more the case during the pandemic because they are not making any money from ticket sales.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Gotta be Usyk for me. Chisora can gas, 5th round stoppage

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’d absolutely love it if Del wins but Usyk is a monstrous favourite. That being said I have had a cheeky bet on a Del Boy ko as the odds seem over indexed for someone carrying a 3 stone weight advantage.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Watched two minutes of Sky's documentary with Chisora the other night.

Not content with sticking two fingers up at anyone with his kind of multi-cultural background by giving Farage a platform in a deeply misguided effort to present himself as some kind of (inherently violent) intellectual, he now appears to believe putting on a pair of glasses and taking a film crew to the countryside will reinvent him as a deep thinker.

Even without the cynical duplicity, he's such a stupefyingly shoddy fighter to watch.

Usyk is a brilliant fighter so I expect him to batter him. He's a great character, too - I hope he continues to be great at heavyweight. Even though he's 1/8, I might lump on him, depending on my variable recklessness.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Interesting fight. Chisora has been in a lot of tough fights but if he is somewhere near his best he can give Usyk problems but I expect Usyk to win on points.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I find it astonishing that I pay £20.95 for a HD night of boxing and they put adverts after every round instead of analysis or hearing the corner team.

Pretty dire so far from the women. This cruiserweight fight now is hotting up though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Giving it a swerve, in no way sexist but I’m not a big fan of women’s boxing, I just don’t enjoy it, and of the 7 fight card 4 of the bouts are female.
Due to the pandemic they clearly have to go PPV just to cover costs, but not for me this time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here