Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U-23s drawn against Bexhill United in Sussex Senior Cup - but playing at home

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion were drawn against Bexhill United in the second round of this season's Sussex Senior Cup. Although Albion were drawn as the home team, it has become customary that they concede home advantage (presumably as it usually results in a decent home gate for the non-league side).

However, Albion confirmed the details for this game today - Albion take on Bexhill in Sussex Senior Cup - and the match will be played behind closed doors at the Albion training ground.

I'm wondering why this is the case, as it will presumably deprive the Pirates of much-needed gate money. Is there likely to be a Covid-19 related reason behind it?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Security of the ground I guess, the draw of the Albion U23's in a pretty much open area could cause problems?

My Son played against them a couple of weeks a go down there.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I guess the Albion will treat it seriously wanting a decent surface and facilities, and most importantly somewhere that's Covid secure, Have you been to Bexhill's ground!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I wonder whether it’s to do with changing room protocols. At Bexhill level there is a max of 6 players in a changing room at any one time. There will be a lot more space in the changing room, and other inside rooms will be available, at Lancing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Back in the day (late 70s), I remember a selection of Albion players (including Gerry Ryan IIRC) visiting the Polegrove Ground, one midweek evening, to officially open (turn on) the new floodlights. It was quite an occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here