Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Conspiracy theories

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"**** me I never knew the son of god was a purple midget" ?

I met my Mrs in the mid 90s. For years she thought that Bill Archer was the second coming as I could often be heard muttering "Bill Archer? Jesus Christ". *

*this joke also works with Leon Best, given an appropriate time adjustment.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Always answer a question with a question. Good boy, nice to see you've read the rulebook.

And don't forget to throw that in too.

**** me you people are predictable :ffsparr:

[emoji23] Here’s the bully boy mod antagonising without any provocation again. The most predictable bore to ever grace NSC.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dunno :shrug: I'm asking Dan.

My guess is absolutely nothing.....

Did I say I could prove anything? I posted up a well known conspiracy on a conspiracy thread. Sorry maybe I misunderstood the point of the thread? But we all know why you jumped on my post. Because your a bully still smarting because I live rent free in your head. In fact look at this thread and the posts and then ask which individual took it into bear pit territory. Yes you did. A mod. You’re an embarrassment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did I say I could prove anything? I posted up a well known conspiracy on a conspiracy thread. Sorry maybe I misunderstood the point of the thread? But we all know why you jumped on my post. Because your a bully still smarting because I live rent free in your head. In fact look at this thread and the posts and then ask which individual took it into bear pit territory. Yes you did. A mod. You’re an embarrassment.

You stated it as a fact in response to a post calling the Pentagon part of 9/11 fishy (one of your favourite words).

Any reason for sticking up a statement like that about 9/11 on a board that supports a charity in the name of one of the victims?

Have you read my Ronson extract? I'd say a moderator's responsibility would include protecting victims from going through something again thanks to trolls. Have you been banned, infracted or edited?

Mind you, it's late on a Friday. You're probably pissed again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What are you trying to say here?

that a lot of conspiracy theories are rooted in anti-semitics, usually around Rothchilds as a lightning rod, being an influential family that have been around a while.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
that a lot of conspiracy theories are rooted in anti-semitics.

Are you anti-semitic because you hate the Rothchild family? A lot of Jews are not very keen on the Rothschilds either, are they anti-semites?

Just because anti-semitism is bad it doesnt need to mean that the Rothschild family (and other powerful families) is any good.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You stated it as a fact in response to a post calling the Pentagon part of 9/11 fishy (one of your favourite words).

Any reason for sticking up a statement like that about 9/11 on a board that supports a charity in the name of one of the victims?

Have you read my Ronson extract? I'd say a moderator's responsibility would include protecting victims from going through something again thanks to trolls. Have you been banned, infracted or edited?

Mind you, it's late on a Friday. You're probably pissed again.

I don't fully understand what the issue is here, unless I missed something?

Absolutely no disrespect towards R.E, family or anyone involved in 9/11. The event is massively curious, with many inconsistencies and questions raised.

It's a conspiracy theory thread, and 9/11 (not necessarily the entire event, but some major parts around it) must be one of the top 3 conspiracy-theories in our lifetime?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Likewise, another supposedly impactful and either Zionist or anti-semitic (if it was faked) text, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, also refers to Marxism as one of its "tools".

It is mentioned in the third point of the second protocol, previous two points included for a bit of context (I'm just going to suppose that people have not read the protocols):
There is so much in this post that is objectionable in so many ways. The most obvious is quoting the Protocols of Zion to prove a point. IT IS A FAKE. There is no doubt about this. You say "if it was faked" and then quote it to back up your argument.
Swansman, I think you are mostly a positive influence on this board so please - stop being an anti-Semite!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There is so much in this post that is objectionable in so many ways. The most obvious is quoting the Protocols of Zion to prove a point. IT IS A FAKE. There is no doubt about this. You say "if it was faked" and then quote it to back up your argument.
Swansman, I think you are mostly a positive influence on this board so please - stop being an anti-Semite!

The "proof" that it is fake is as watertight as the proof that it isnt. One could say that one of these perspectives is anti-semitic and that the other is anti-slavic. Its a very fascinating read either way: to me its more about the detailed description of how you could change the world in a specific way. If its written by someone from the Russian Empire or someone from the Zionist leadership or some random dude with great fantasy matter less (and will remain unknown) - its the construction itself of a specific society that is intriguing.

Quoting it here was to exemplify that the idea that Marx was really an agent of the Rothschild family is not as absurd and unheard of as it may seem.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Dick TIGHT sacked Dean Wilkins (gurgle!) because super Dean had found where TIGHT had hidden the ‘83 cup final money and was using it to build an outdoor swimming pool in the shape of a Wonderbra.

FACT!! (Seventh)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Absolutely no disrespect towards R.E, family or anyone involved in 9/11. The event is massively curious, with many inconsistencies and questions raised.

It's a conspiracy theory thread, and 9/11 (not necessarily the entire event, but some major parts around it) must be one of the top 3 conspiracy-theories in our lifetime?

Precisely.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I subscribe to the view that no major conspiracy theory *can* be true because too many people would be involved. I'd speculate the limit on people staying silent is 6. If more than 6 people are involved then *someone* will break ranks and say something.

JFK... Could just about get away with 6 (especially given how many would subsequently be killed). Moon Landing... No way! Have you seen the credits at the end of a movie? No way they could have been constructed and filmed without somebody, even on their death bed, wanting to release the proof they had.

That's my take on it. Always apply the rule of 6. Could it be done with just 6 people in the know?

I like your rule of 6.

The thing that interests me is that it appears to be an all or nothing situation with conspiracy theorists. You rarely see a conspiracy theorist who only believes one or two while dismissing others.

This suggests to me that there could be some defiency in their ability to understand and process the information they are presented with. Perhaps they are more suceptable to the persuasive information they find when they are 'doing their research". I wonder if their has been a study into the personality types and intellecual make up of those subscribing to these theories.

Another similarity in conspiracy theorists is to not actually share their conclusions freely. This seem prevelant with the COVID theories doing the rounds. I have/had a couple of 'friends' on facebook telling me that I should be opening my eyes to the truth of what is happening. They also seem very reluctant to actually tell me that that truth is. "Do your own research' or 'join the dots' is about as much as one gets.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Wait.....what? :mad:

So...some parts of 9/11 are genuine (ie Al-Qaeda flew two planes into the Twin Towers, say) but other parts are a conspiracy (the US Government or the CIA or someone just coincidentally demolished another tower, or flew a plane into the Pentagon, on the exact same date)? :ohmy::mad::mad:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you anti-semitic because you hate the Rothchild family? A lot of Jews are not very keen on the Rothschilds either, are they anti-semites?

Just because anti-semitism is bad it doesnt need to mean that the Rothschild family (and other powerful families) is any good.

Also post against anglo saxon and nordic banking and business giants.

Your posts creeping in about the Rothschild’s, also anti semitism where you disagreed very quickly with the report on Labour anti semitism and Corbyn being suspended over his denial (no way had you read the report that quickly .... you hadn’t). You knew nothing of the suffering from anti semites hounding Labour Jewish people.

I’d rather NSC did not allow you to start this Rothschild stuff. We’re not Facebook or Twitter.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I know that we let Newcastle win the Championship on the agreement that they would not beat us in the Prem for as long as we are in it. FACT.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Missed one off my original list of conspiracies...

Donald Trump didn’t have Covid, it was just a last ditch attempt by a desperate man to win support when he recovered so quickly from the Chyna virus...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Quoting it here was to exemplify that the idea that Marx was really an agent of the Rothschild family is not as absurd and unheard of as it may seem.

yes, it is absurd. the claim is that someone who is two generations removed from Rothchilds would be working on their behalf. from Marx's life its clear he had zero contact with them, being bailed out and subbed by Engels, not rich uncle Nathan. the premise that Marx thinking would benefit Rothchilds is deeply flawed, a central bank under communism is state owned and run, and everything uncle Nathan owns would be nationalised.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also post against anglo saxon and nordic banking and business giants.

Your posts creeping in about the Rothschild’s, also anti semitism where you disagreed very quickly with the report on Labour anti semitism and Corbyn being suspended over his denial (no way had you read the report that quickly .... you hadn’t). You knew nothing of the suffering from anti semites hounding Labour Jewish people.

I’d rather NSC did not allow you to start this Rothschild stuff. We’re not Facebook or Twitter.

Well, I willl avoid them as best as I can from now on. Its apparently possible to discuss everyone and anyone except this particular family. They've done a good job.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I've been a conspiracy theorist since I was 18, when I read "Brave New World" and shortly thereafter absolutely everything Huxley.

Huxley perhaps wasnt a conspiracy theorist per se - he probably wouldnt have been too outspoken about it if it was the case - but a lot of his works revolve around the hypothetical control of humans. As he repeated multiple times - if the German regime could use the radio to brainwash millions of well-educated, intellectual people - then just imagine what you could do with TV.

This opened the rabbit hole for me: to what extent has this already been done throughout history? To what extent is it being done? To what extent will it be done? And what is the purpose and direction?

All of these thoughts made me read everything you are not "supposed" to read to understand this "spider-web", as I believe it to be - there's highly fascinating links between different "conspiracy theories" and impactful events (technological jumps, ideological changes, wars, 9/11, you name it).

I reached the conclusion that the world is not as random as it seems. It has a definite direction, there is a plan moving forward and for multiple reasons this direction can not and will not be revealed until the finish line is reached.

Regardless if I'm right or wrong on the subject of the conspiracy, I can definitely say its not as simple as "its all bullshit". Those who simplify it in that manner are, as I see it, simply not open to the suggestion that some things are not what they seem. I understand this position, as it is a lot more comforting to believe that things are as they are told they are, but... you miss out on a lot if you dont open your mind.

You need to watch Hypernormalisation by Adam Curtis - should be available internationally on BBC iPlayer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
yes, it is absurd. the claim is that someone who is two generations removed from Rothchilds would be working on their behalf. from Marx's life its clear he had zero contact with them, being bailed out and subbed by Engels, not rich uncle Nathan. the premise that Marx thinking would benefit Rothchilds is deeply flawed, a central bank under communism is state owned and run, and everything uncle Nathan owns would be nationalised.

And a state in Marxist communism is ruled by the people (=private interests). All roads lead to Rome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here