Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Conspiracy theories

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'm not going to watch it and it wouldnt change my mind, just like the other dozens of establishment clapped "anti-establishment is bad" documentaries. But thanks anyway. I hope the choir is enjoying the preaching.

I'm not a fan of Adam Curtis for completely different reasons, but I'd be amazed if anybody watched any of his work and came away from it thinking "well that certainly validates my faith in the establishment".

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It wont. Its just another documentary saying that conspiracy theorists are either racists, crazy, fooled by someone using us to "wield power and control over people"

It doesn't cast assertions over conspiracy theorists, just those who start these theories for malevolent reason.

I'm not going to watch it and it wouldnt change my mind, just like the other dozens of establishment clapped "anti-establishment is bad" documentaries. But thanks anyway. I hope the choir is enjoying the preaching.

Ironically, the documentary couldn't be more anti-establishment if it tried and if you'd bothered to read the link I posted, you'd have realised that, but you have a closed mind.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It doesn't cast assertions over conspiracy theorists, just those who start these theories for malevolent reason.

Ironically, the documentary couldn't be more anti-establishment if it tried and if you'd bothered to read the link I posted, you'd have realised that, but you have a closed mind.

You said "Warning though, it might well put you off conspiracy theories for good!", and now you are saying "those who start these theories for malevolent reason". I am in the "some theories are true, some are started for malevolent reasons" camp. Of course I'm going to have a close mind when you sell it like you did, dont you think dozens of my friends have sent me Youtube clips and documentary recommendations that are supposed to make me understand that everyone not in the Church of Mainstream are deluded, fooled idiots? You sold it like another one. Like that guy who never accepts you are not in to metal music and sends you yet another playlist of screaming idiots.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You said "Warning though, it might well put you off conspiracy theories for good!", and now you are saying "those who start these theories for malevolent reason". I am in the "some theories are true, some are started for malevolent reasons" camp. Of course I'm going to have a close mind when you sell it like you did, dont you think dozens of my friends have sent me Youtube clips and documentary recommendations that are supposed to make me understand that everyone not in the Church of Mainstream are deluded, fooled idiots? You sold it like another one. Like that guy who never accepts you are not in to metal music and sends you yet another playlist of screaming idiots.

Check this out, I think you might enjoy:
https://youtu.be/Cug4UPwcvlo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here