Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Face masks if you are ugly but have nice eyes it's your time to shine

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Seriously has wearing of face masks changed how you feel behave are you more or less confident how has it affected your partners views, has it made you look differently regarding those who wear masks for cultural reasons, what are the benifits and disadvantages, will the winter change mask wearing I have seen hats on sale with masks built in so are they are becoming a fashion item?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As you can't see smiles I decided to try winking instead. It hasn't gone well when doing those casual interactions a smile is often used for (someone holding a door open or stepping out of my way etc)! Everyone just looks at me like I'm a nutter.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
29493665096995ffe17e41d34df1eb74.jpg
[MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] won't mind me sharing the mask he uses :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hate it.

Makes it harder to communicate and almost impossible to flirt.

The whole thing is incredibly dystopian.

One positive is that if you're not in the mood you don't have to make an effort with strangers anymore.

I really hadn't considered what it was like for sex workers, must be awful :wink:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
<perv alert>
I was next to an attractive young lady in a shop the other day, and noticed that her pert nose was peaking over the top of her flowery mask.
It felt an awful lot like an accidental glimpse of a nipple in a fancy bra that isn't quite the right size.
Have to admit, it threw me for a few seconds. Felt like "forbidden fruit".
</perv alert>

SAC

May 21, 2014
For those of us that are hard of hearing, it's a nightmare. You need to be able to see people when they talk to you and the bloody masks keep getting caught up with my hearing aids.

Yes, they are becoming a fashion item, which was bound to happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
People are not wearing masks here but if they did... I wonder how it would affect me. As a nocturnal creature, my eyes daytime are lazy and uninspired, by night they change to the kind of eyes you only have if you are killing or ****ing... would quite possibly scare some people.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
People need to be educated to use litter bins see loads of discarded masks around bus stops. What is the matter with some folks. The masks are designed to save lives but they are probably going to end up killing loads of wildlife.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For those of us that are hard of hearing, it's a nightmare. You need to be able to see people when they talk to you and the bloody masks keep getting caught up with my hearing aids.

Yes, they are becoming a fashion item, which was bound to happen.

It's not just if you're hard of hearing. I went to a restaurant in Bournemouth that was staffed by Thai people with very strong accents. Could barely understand a word. I don't think people realise how much we lip read.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
People are not wearing masks here but if they did... I wonder how it would affect me. As a nocturnal creature, my eyes daytime are lazy and uninspired, by night they change to the kind of eyes you only have if you are killing or ****ing... would quite possibly scare some people.

I wonder whether you should consider easing off the recreationals a little :lolol:

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I find it starnge that all the ones used by Key workers, Police NHS etc are disposed of in medical sacks and disposed of accordingly but the general public ones go to landfill. Does this mean the virus can lay dormant in the ground for future generations
?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Here's a thing.

Took my daughter shopping in town with her friend the other day, on the bus (they're 10, they need a little supervision). The bus was waiting at the stop when we got there so they jumped straight on and went upstairs and I got on behind, once i had masked myself.

Only our bus tickets were on my phone. And my phone is a new fangled one, beloved of Bozza, that opens using "Face ID". Or not if you're wearing a mask. A good two minutes of faffing while i remembered my pin code and tried to reopen the app and find my QR code ensued, much to the amusement of matey driving it and at least one tut from an old dear.

At least I know that not just any old, fat, bald chancer can nick my phone and get into everything just by donning a mask though. So that was nice.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
No. It would need to be frozen almost immediately for the virus to survive on them for such a time.

Additionally the NHS used ones are likely to have a very large viral load, whereas most pedestrian ones will mostly not have a trace of it.

thats not what happens with TB. I hope you are right. I just get annoyed when thay are just discarded.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hate it.

Makes it harder to communicate and almost impossible to flirt.

The whole thing is incredibly dystopian.

One positive is that if you're not in the mood you don't have to make an effort with strangers anymore.

Mmmmm....I had a good flirt the other day, masked, as was the woman behid the till at Macknade in Faversham.

"62? You certainly don't look it"

"I bet you say that to all the ladies"

"You're a lady?"

"No, but I like the men who drink it!"

"What the **** are you going on about?"

"No need to get all shirty, you wrinkly eyed bat"

"**** off and don't come back, you soppy old ****"

Edit: I'm in, there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'm sorry but the thought of you as a cross between Scaramanga and Mick Hucknal had me spit a mouthfull of wine. You cheeky little Swedish ninja, you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here