Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/10 - 2/11

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies for my tardiness, I didn't realise there was a Friday night game...

Friday 30th October 2020
Wolves v Crystal Palace (20:00) - BT Sport Box Office

Saturday 31st October 2020
Sheffield United v Man City (12:30) - BT Sport
Burnley v Chelsea (15:00) - BT Sport Box Office
Liverpool v West Ham (17:30) - Sky Sports

Sunday 1st November 2020
Aston Villa v Southampton (12:00) - Sky Sports Box Office
Newcastle United v Everton (14:00) - Sky Sports
Man Utd v Arsenal (16:30) - Sky Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion (19:15) - Sky Sports Box Office

Monday 2nd November 2020
Fulham v West Brom (17:30) - Sky Sports Box Office
Leeds United v Leicester City (20:00) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 12.14.57.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am unreasonably (probably) pissed off that 3pm on a Saturday is not taken up with me watching the Albion, either at a stadium or online. In fact it is REALLY starting to piss me off

**** Saturday evening, Sunday and Monday matches

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am unreasonably (probably) pissed off that 3pm on a Saturday is not taken up with me watching the Albion, either at a stadium or online. In fact it is REALLY starting to piss me off

**** Saturday evening, Sunday and Monday matches

Yeah - the current format has even further ruined MOTD. 3 games on a Saturday! I used to love settling in for highlights of 6/7 games in one day.

I'm sounding older every day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is a really good point. This whole spreading out of games makes saturdays really naff.

I can't see the point from the broadcasters' point of view either - nobody (surely) is going to watch all the standard matches and pay £14.95 for all the others? I imagine people who do subscribe to the PPV will only bother for matches involving their own team, so the fact that two or three PPV games are all taking place at 3.00pm on a Saturday shouldn't reduce the revenue (whoever benefits from the revenue - I'm still not sure!)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is a really good point. This whole spreading out of games makes saturdays really naff.

On the flip side yes, there are more evenings with football on. But - especially without fans - I'm really not fussed about watching 90 mins of Sheff Utd v Burnley. Highlights will do.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The whole thing is rubbish now. WHilst not going to the stadium was rubbish at least we got to watch all the games if we wanted. Now we have frankly stupid kick off times together with PPV. So I glanced at the fixtures and thought yes I might take a look at Wolves demolishing Palace (only to lose 1-0) but PPV, screw you. The rest I can't be really bothered with anyway until our game. And then of course that's bloody Sunday night, the worst time for a match ever, AND it's PPV. Screw the lot of them!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah - the current format has even further ruined MOTD. 3 games on a Saturday! I used to love settling in for highlights of 6/7 games in one day.

I'm sounding older every day.

I’ve given up on MOTD altogether. As you say, only three games, and I’ve generally already watched at least one of them live. I tend to follow the PL games, avoid the Championship scores, and then watch the football league highlights on Quest, instead.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

The weekend can though be sweetened by taking in a local county game. Will be at Shoreham FC tomorrow.

Getting out to real local games has really made me enjoy my Saturday's again and its only £6 followed by a few pints on the way home at the Buck. I'm missing the Premier League far less than I thought. No over paid primma donnas and no VAR, plus only a 15min walk from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here