NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah yes, I'd forgotten Graham's mantra that we shouldn't ever expect anything

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It does have a habit of keep coming back and biting him on the arse. Although I suppose it's now wrong to expect us to beat one of the worst teams in the history of the division we're playing in who've just been relegated.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
"There are a few who expect us to win because we are Brighton"

Quoting Andy Naylors Tweet there regarding exasperation in Potter's voice that most fans understand we are a team in development, but some expect us to win because we are Brighton. Is that reverse psychology or a distraction technique? I must say if I ever met a Brighton fan who expected us to win because we are Brighton...I might suggest they book an appointment with their GP (phone consulation only in current circumstances).

Message to Naylor, I don’t know a single fan who expects us to win because we are Brighton....

I know quite a few who expect us to lose because we are Brighton.

I expect our Graham is thinking this morning, “Those irritating fans, don’t lose to the worse team in the division, don’t they know we are a team in development!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quoting Andy Naylors Tweet there regarding exasperation in Potter's voice that most fans understand we are a team in development, but some expect us to win because we are Brighton. Is that reverse psychology or a distraction technique? I must say if I ever met a Brighton fan who expected us to win because we are Brighton...I might suggest they book an appointment with their GP (phone consulation only in current circumstances).
No.

But entitled me expects us to get more than 4 points from 6 games against the bottom 3 sides.

Not too much to ask I think, and I stand by it.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
There was almost an inevitability of us not getting 3 points against a relegated team, but whilst I expected Sheffield to play better without any pressure I did not expect us to play so ineffectively and come away with nothing. This 'we don't play well against teams below us' is testing everyone's sense of humour. Maupay is testing mine.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No.

But entitled me expects us to get more than 4 points from 6 games against the bottom 3 sides.

Not too much to ask I think, and I stand by it.

Amazing isn’t it?! This FACT and yet still the apologists won’t hear anyone criticising our woeful woeful performances against such teams home and away. It’s pathetic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who is that?

Pretty much the entire of NSC was universal in our condemning of the performance last night.

Even I thought the first half was dog shit.

I think that unless you are prepared to volunteer to burn down Potter's house you are nothing but a licker and a fool in the eyes of some. Pathetic, isn't it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Even I thought the first half was dog shit.

I think that unless you are prepared to volunteer to burn down Potter's house you are nothing but a licker and a fool in the eyes of some. Pathetic, isn't it.

It does get a bit silly here sometimes. I mean, even Swanny the #1 Potter fan was on here earlier saying how bad the performance was. No one here was happy with the result.

You can still believe the manager is the right long term choice for the club and admit he gets things wrong and has things he needs to improve.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Amazing isn’t it?! This FACT and yet still the apologists won’t hear anyone criticising our woeful woeful performances against such teams home and away. It’s pathetic.

Hilarious that you are the one commenting here.

Just a few days ago you confirmed the title of this thread. Some truly deluded people expect the team to always win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It does get a bit silly here sometimes. I mean, even Swanny the #1 Potter fan was on here earlier saying how bad the performance was. No one here was happy with the result.

You can still believe the manager is the right long term choice for the club and admit he gets things wrong and has things he needs to improve.

Indeed.

And before I turn into Joan of Arc, they have every right to come on NSC and post scorn and misrepresent what others say. Likewise one has every right to respond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here