Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "There are a few who expect us to win because we are Brighton"

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Quoting Andy Naylors Tweet there regarding exasperation in Potter's voice that most fans understand we are a team in development, but some expect us to win because we are Brighton. Is that reverse psychology or a distraction technique? I must say if I ever met a Brighton fan who expected us to win because we are Brighton...I might suggest they book an appointment with their GP (phone consulation only in current circumstances).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quoting Andy Naylors Tweet there regarding exasperation in Potter's voice that most fans understand we are a team in development, but some expect us to win because we are Brighton. Is that reverse psychology or a distraction technique? I must say if I ever met a Brighton fan who expected us to win because we are Brighton...I might suggest they book an appointment with their GP (phone consulation only in current circumstances).

GP is losing touch with reality if he genuinely thinks that. I hope he is also taking some of his apparent angst out on his players too. Too many cuddles and they’ll start taking the piss

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Potter always sounds like a defeatist and a loser. Which probably translates to the players and goes some way to explaining why we win so infrequently. A manager in the Premier League should want to do better and actively try to do so, not tread the same negative path all of the time. What is he actively doing to improve our results? Anything? Or just hoping we'll be so happy with our win every 1.5 months that we won't notice the excitement around the games dissipates with every week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is true though. Have you read the crap posted on here recently!?

Rubbish, most on here were just very disappointed in how we were bullied after the goal and stopped playing/started hiding

As a Brighton you do not EXPECT to win, just be competitive, which we weren’t after the goal. Potter is doing a great job imo, it’s just not clicking yet

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Our opponents expect to win because we are Brighton. And too often they're right.

#teamslikeBrighton

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It is true though. Have you read the crap posted on here recently!?

Maybe NSC should update the terms of use e.g. I accept, until further notice, that waking up an Albion supporter comes with hope, optimism, dissapointment, but above all no expectation of winning and especially not games we'd expect to have more hope of winning.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Correct on both counts.

1. We are a team in development.
2. We are Brighton, but only in our lunchtime :shrug:

Some already know this and others are still working what being whooshed means :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rubbish, most on here were just very disappointed in how we were bullied after the goal and stopped playing/started hiding

As a Brighton you do not EXPECT to win, just be competitive, which we weren’t after the goal. Potter is doing a great job imo, it’s just not clicking yet

The fallout from a poor 35 mins has been pretty incredible given we still picked up a premier league point. We've been playing as well as I've seen us in the PL. It's not worked out points wise, but that is football. The overwhelming feeling seems to be we have to be beating a team like West Brom. How quickly we've come to being one of those sides that says that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
At the moment, I just expect us to turn up.

That'll do.

It's frustrating, because you just see these flashes of what we could be but we keep flattering only to deceive.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The fallout from a poor 35 mins has been pretty incredible given we still picked up a premier league point. We've been playing as well as I've seen us in the PL. It's not worked out points wise, but that is football. The overwhelming feeling seems to be we have to be beating a team like West Brom. How quickly we've come to being one of those sides that says that.

A Premier League point against a Championship team. It was a huge opportunity for an easy three points which wasn't converted. It's a bad result after a minimum required draw at Palace, thanks to a late equaliser. West Brom will be relegated this season, because they're rubbish. If we have genuine ambition we should be wanting to beat them. The number of people who are happy with a draw amazes me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I normally expect us to lose because we are Brighton.

Well, quite :lol:

That out of the way, perhaps what GP is getting at is fans showing frustration at the lack of wins / results when playing well and / or in front. I think that's absolutely valid (from the fans). We are dropping far too many points from good performances or leading positions and conceding goals at the wrong time in games. Can't see the harm in pointing that out :shrug:

But, yeah, when I roll out of bed on match day in my stripey pyjamas my default thought is "can't see us getting much today...."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe GPott was talking about this fella:-

"I've been an Albion fan since 1976 and 4 wins from 23 games, just isn't good enough". :lolol: :wanker: :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Eh? I can honestly say, even in the dross bedwetting that gets posted on NSC by the deranged lunatics, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say that :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here