Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is it with old men and coloured trousers?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TOTALLY acceptable, great even.....as long as you are not 70 plus when it’s just weird and a bit desperate :shrug:

Says the man who has been wearing Levis and T shirts (and often desert boots) since he was 14 :rolleyes: (the quality of Levis has gone downhill dramatically since the days when I sat in the bath to shrink them as a youngster)

I did have a pair of yellow elephant cords but felt so self conscious that I only wore them once.

Bang on re Levis, they're crap compared to 25-30 years ago, sizes and cut all over the place. I cant find boot cut cords anywhere either. and still wearing deseret boots/chukka boots today though.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
4419D8B4-8FC5-4BA1-9A80-BD5443B14426.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bang on re Levis, they're crap compared to 25-30 years ago, sizes and cut all over the place. I cant find boot cut cords anywhere either. and still wearing deseret boots/chukka boots today though.

I was in Lubbock Texas and went to one of those “cowboy” retailers that sell things I love. Stetson hats, leather waistcoats, cowboy boots etc (things I can’t actually wear in England without looking like a COMPLETE dick sadly) and asked where the Levis were? I was shocked to be told “Real men don’t wear Levis, you’d have to be a gay from San Francisco, let me show you our range of Wranglers” I did actually buy a pair and the quality is amazing but just not my style of choice, the sit too high on the hips for me :shrug:

It was the week Obama was inaugurated and I had an interesting but very short conversation with a Bush supporting local who asked me what I thought of Obama. When I replied that I was a fan he huffed and walked away :smile:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do you know which one is Dion Dublin’s dad?

I’m guessing the one with stupid butlins style teddyboy suit on ?

Having said that I did have a pair of Rockabilly turquoise peg pants in 1985, not that I’d wear them now !!

Attachments

• 07FAA154-C0AE-4E62-9D26-4BB7DFAF1606.jpeg
    07FAA154-C0AE-4E62-9D26-4BB7DFAF1606.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 71

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was in Lubbock Texas and went to one of those “cowboy” retailers that sell things I love. Stetson hats, leather waistcoats, cowboy boots etc (things I can’t actually wear in England without looking like a COMPLETE dick sadly) and asked where the Levis were? I was shocked to be told “Real men don’t wear Levis, you’d have to be a gay from San Francisco, let me show you our range of Wranglers” I did actually buy a pair and the quality is amazing but just not my style of choice, the sit too high on the hips for me :shrug:

It was the week Obama was inaugurated and I had an interesting but very short conversation with a Bush supporting local who asked me what I thought of Obama. When I replied that I was a fan he huffed and walked away :smile:

I knew that, think I discovered that when I went to StLouis in 2002, Levis is fashion, rednecks wear Wrangler. No comment re your cowboy fetish :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
or indeed two tone ones -greeny/purple. I thought you were too young for that or did they come back?

I had 'tonic' and dog tooth . . . remember 'waffles' ? :lolol:

my first staprest was about 1981 I guess,a black pair of green line ones . . .wore them out, patches, thin, so bad my mum wouldn't let me wear them to school as I looked like a tramp ( Buckingham middle school) I hated my new school trousers so wore the sat prest underneath and took them off on the way! soon after I learned to use the sewing machine so I could take everything in!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One literally has to change one's wardrobe at 70? Nah!

Oh yes you will have to, won’t fit and the chances are moth eaten and worn out by then if you are expecting to wear your current wardrobe at 70

Chances are you’ll look like a **** too, you may not care by then though

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Red, yellow, pink

An old man writes WTF?

Discuss?

As you are now I once was, as I am now you will become.

When that magical day arrives and peer pressure no longer has any bearing while embarrassing the Wife, Childrean and Grandchildren gives give one a warm glow of satisfaction in a job well done.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
They are normally in the bargain bin because no one else wants them.

If you are wearing them you can't see them , it's everyone else who has to look at them . Same mind set as no bothering to decorate the outside of your house as you never see it :smile:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Says the man who has been wearing Levis and T shirts (and often desert boots) since he was 14 :rolleyes: (the quality of Levis has gone downhill dramatically since the days when I sat in the bath to shrink them as a youngster)

It's a matter of perception. I stopped wearing jeans when I was 25 - I see them as young people's clothing.
Mind you, I don't like coloured trousers either

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a matter of perception. I stopped wearing jeans when I was 25 - I see them as young people's clothing.
Mind you, I don't like coloured trousers either

I kind of get that but what is the trouser of choice for you then?

Cavalry twills
Shiny arsed (after a few wears) cotton trousers
Shorts year round
Chinos
Cords
Track suit bottoms
Suit style grey/black/brown trousers

Genuinely interested

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here