Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is it with old men and coloured trousers?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are you by any chance referring to the old boy on Impossible yesterday? Only the second time I've stumbled upon the show, but none of his green shirt, pastel pullover or burgundy trousers bore any relation to looking good.

All the more mature men on game and auction shows wear them!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Go to many other warmer climates like California, south of France , southern Italy , southern Spain , Caribbean and of course Miami ( Don Johnson fans ) and you will see lots of young dudes wearing brightly coloured cotton trousers, pink , lime green , white , pale blue , the whole range .

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
You can do a lot worse than some high quality garments from Sussex's own Gentlemen's Outfitters as endorsed by Mr Henry Blofeld.

https://www.peterchristian.co.uk/

mt08-county-corduroy-trousers-blue_1.jpg

25e31b5cf23398ca473dcade8b76ef4d.jpg

Nice combo from their website.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It is a shame that we are expected to wear black or blue strides and wearing any other colour gets you called a posh ****.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It is a shame that we are expected to wear black or blue strides and wearing any other colour gets you called a posh ****.

Not if you go loud . . . shirts too! get in a band and on stage its almost expected. 20953171_10154579020896883_5392810763790216676_n.jpg

I don't give a **** what other people think, a vast majority of people are worse dressed than your average tramp.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My 76yr old dad has started doing this. Always been a jeans or workshop overalls type of guy, but the last couple of years has gone all "Portillo" on us. Spoke to my mum earlier and she said they were going out the other day, and he was wearing pink trousers & a pink shirt...so she refused to go out with him until he had changed! :lolol:

I hope its not "a thing" by the time I get to that age. I've told my wife to shoot me if I ever start dressing like that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My 76yr old dad has started doing this. Always been a jeans or workshop overalls type of guy, but the last couple of years has gone all "Portillo" on us. Spoke to my mum earlier and she said they were going out the other day, and he was wearing pink trousers & a pink shirt...so she refused to go out with him until he had changed! :lolol:

I hope its not "a thing" by the time I get to that age. I've told my wife to shoot me if I ever start dressing like that.

If you have a decent level of life cover, probably not the best suggestion as she may take it a little too far and take you out just because of some lairy socks!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• C3E9E995-FD05-4874-AF9D-637CC3246AD8.jpeg
    C3E9E995-FD05-4874-AF9D-637CC3246AD8.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 89

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think the world would be a (slightly) better place if everyone wore bright coloured trousers.

:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the world would be a (slightly) better place if everyone wore bright coloured trousers.

:shrug:

TOTALLY acceptable, great even.....as long as you are not 70 plus when it’s just weird and a bit desperate :shrug:

Says the man who has been wearing Levis and T shirts (and often desert boots) since he was 14 :rolleyes: (the quality of Levis has gone downhill dramatically since the days when I sat in the bath to shrink them as a youngster)

I did have a pair of yellow elephant cords but felt so self conscious that I only wore them once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here