Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is it with old men and coloured trousers?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I kind of get that but what is the trouser of choice for you then?

Shorts year round
Chinos

Shorts from March to November - chinos the rest of the time. I've just gone into chinos slightly earlier but that's because I got drenched walking the dog a couple of days ago

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I had 'tonic' and dog tooth . . . remember 'waffles' ? :lolol:

my first staprest was about 1981 I guess,a black pair of green line ones . . .wore them out, patches, thin, so bad my mum wouldn't let me wear them to school as I looked like a tramp ( Buckingham middle school) I hated my new school trousers so wore the sat prest underneath and took them off on the way! soon after I learned to use the sewing machine so I could take everything in!

second generation then

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
268444A4-2A99-4E71-A4B3-0C98790F8665.jpeg

North Stand Chat’s favourite sports man. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two tone tonic strides? The shirt and tie in this pic are bollocks, but the rest? Mmmmmmm.......nnnnnice :lolol:

ClaSS.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks, H.....what's with the rebooted avitar - Mrs H been slapping you about on the vinegar strokes?....you seem to have lost that loved-up vibe.

Fur-Q?

You got to kill people to have respect for people... You've got to kill some people, anyway. You can't kill everybody 'cause you wouldn't have anybody left to respect if you did.

:lolol:

It's just a phase. I have a lovely new avatar waiting in my mother****ing wings :thumbsup:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I started a thread that was relevant to the jpeg below....but I though it best to hide it here, ...coward that I amIMG-20201030-WA0000.jpg

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
LOVE those :thumbsup:

The trainers are shit though, men over 30 shouldn’t wear white trainers, like women over 50 shouldn’t have long peroxide hair cascading over their shoulders....imo

Am I stuck in my ways? Maybe

The trainers look like Diadora Bjorn Borg Elites - quite an iconic trainer in the ‘80’s and worn well with Lois Cords.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The trainers look like Diadora Bjorn Borg Elites - quite an iconic trainer in the ‘80’s and worn well with Lois Cords.

BEEP BEEP BEEP _ Casual alert! :lolol:

I wasn't a fan at the time, too young and just exploring older stuff on the back of new wave . . . . Looking back I can see why it was popular, something new, different and a change, thats modernism, and fashion. Lois cords . .. . . And the colours . . . . Now we're back on track!

Puma G Vilas were The trainers I remember everyone at school pissing their pants about . . . . . I was strolling about in Shelleys 'Gibson' and desert boots in plain black to avoid detention!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Two tone tonic strides? The shirt and tie in this pic are bollocks, but the rest? Mmmmmmm.......nnnnnice :lolol:

View attachment 129941

Looks like the type of suit bought by someone who is going to a wedding but has no idea of current suit fashion ( looks like a suit a BNP member would wear ! ) because he doesn’t wear one at any other time .

At the other end of the scale I have a friend who is a high end realtor in LA. He owns at least 20 suits because he told me that he can’t be seen in the same Suit for 2 days running plus once he wears one he always gets it dry cleaned as image is everything in the property market he works in . He purchases 5 new suits a year and ‘retires’ 5 from his collection to ensure he is staying ‘ on trend ‘ Not the same in Brighton , never seen so many cheap worn out suits worn by the estate agents .

Mind you I doubt any earn even one tenth of the commission he earns .. lucky sod.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here