Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
:nono:

nice.JPG

https://news.sky.com/story/two-dead-in-suspected-terror-attack-in-nice-12117574

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Deepest sympathy for the poor woman - horrible way to die. Sickened by the sheer wickedness of those who decapitate their fellow human beings in the name of their religion.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Press here reporting two beheadings, and suspect chanting Alluh Akbar as he was treated for his injuries.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think I'll ever understand how someone can be so brainwashed by a fake god and made up religion as to kill in the name of it.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I don't think I'll ever understand how someone can be so brainwashed by a fake god and made up religion as to kill in the name of it.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s terrifying. I’m against all religion, because it’s all made up fairy tales for gullible folk, but I’m particularly fearful of Islam as it seems to provide a justification for some of its gullible followers to do this. If that makes me Islamophobic (in the literal sense of “phobia” meaning “fear of” something), so be it. Indeed I’m proud to be Islamophobic in that sense.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I couldn’t agree more. It’s terrifying. I’m against all religion, because it’s all made up fairy tales for gullible folk, but I’m particularly fearful of Islam as it seems to provide a justification for some of its gullible followers to do this. If that makes me Islamophobic (in the literal sense of “phobia” meaning “fear of” something), so be it. Indeed I’m proud to be Islamophobic in that sense.

It's an interesting one. I'm not religious but I do understand faith. One of my best friends is a devout Catholic but he never lets his faith crossover into judgment of others.

I see true faith as something calming, peaceful and centering. Very different from the zealous ideology that this minority of Muslims, Christians, Hindus etc etc follow - an ideology fuelled by poverty etc.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's an interesting one. I'm not religious but I do understand faith. One of my best friends is a devout Catholic but he never lets his faith crossover into judgment of others.

I see true faith as something calming, peaceful and centering. Very different from the zealous ideology that this minority of Muslims, Christians, Hindus etc etc follow - an ideology fuelled by poverty etc.

Sorry, an ideology fuelled by poverty?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Today is the Prophet's birthday - a time for celebration for the large majority of Muslims (but not celebrated in certain states such as Qatar and Saudi)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I agree with all that. Sadly people will always find a way to be evil or act evilly, religion or no religion.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I see " Faith " and " Religion " as being very different.

If you have a Faith then no explanation for that Faith is necessary. . If you do not have that Faith then no explanation for it will suffice.

Religion is the opposite. It is a set of rules and regulations handed down by previous Writers for us to follow in exchange for imortality.

All Religions have killed in the name of any Religion you care to name and that includes even all the pacifist ones who have been known to kill ex communicated members.

So for me Faith can be healthy. Religion can also be healthy but it can be wicked too

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Amazed the French allowed this prick to survive his injuries surely an 'accidental discharge' in the close vicinity of his temple would've been appropriate?

It was probably what he wanted. Matyrdom, paradise, virgins etc. It's all part of the brainwashing process. Much better to deny him that and shove him in the worst prison in the country, for life, in with the nonces.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It was probably what he wanted. Matyrdom, paradise, virgins etc. It's all part of the brainwashing process. Much better to deny him that and shove him in the worst prison in the country, for life, in with the nonces.

They should do what the Kiwis did with the looney who shot people at the mosque in Christchurch, remove his name

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It was probably what he wanted. Matyrdom, paradise, virgins etc..

I think Virgins are over rated - Not that I know many.

I know I just made a joke and I don't want to be flippant on such a serious thread . Such ideologies are easy to tap into because quite frankly. In this world. There are so many who have nothing of any worth. They see the promise of an afterlife as their way of escaping into something better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here