Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A Digital Christmas?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Zef, gloomy isn't it.
Plenty of time for you to give some TLC to your car collection, maybe!:D

I've been tinkering with my scooters, and using them to commute. Can't really use the cars for much at the moment, and the workshop has turned into a music studio , gym and small pub! :cheers:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
By most reports the numbers by this time next month are going to be really bad. I have already come to the conclusion that there is almost no chance of travelling home for Christmas.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
During the last few days and discussing the family Christmas plans for this year (in the midst of all this Covid crap going on) we have sadly decided to cancel our planned family get together in the West Country. The kids have decided to stay at their respective Universities to save on unnecessary travel which leaves me and wife to have our first Christmas just as a couple.

Will be a bit strange to be our our own and not have a family Christmas for the first time, without the usual round of local parties, work get togethers, or kids being present.

Zoom calls and Netflix it will be for us. (At least the wife is a good cook, so we won't go hungry)!

Has anybody else seen their plans change, or are many planning to do what Victoria Derbyshire said and just break the Covid rules this festive season?

You forget to say that VD retracted her comment ...Xmas...not thinking about that until December 1st

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No change for us. As planned will be the wife, myself and our daughter back from Uni.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Of course it will be digital, just like for the five last years women and kids will be glued to their phones. I will sit in the kitchen and drink vodka with my uncle... someone needs to do it the traditional way.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
100% agree. Christmas isn´t cancelled. There will still be presents, Santa will be exempt from the rules, and frankly this year is likely to be more relaxing as families won´t have their traditional Xmas arguments

You're welcome to call me for a family argument on Zoom.

I actually wasn't planning on flying back to the UK for Christmas this year, so that hasn't changed. I'm hoping the rules get relaxed slightly here so I can have a Christmas dinner with some friends. It had better be a white Christmas though. I've been here 5 years and the only white Christmas was a year I was in the UK.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I’ll be doing whatever we are asked to protect as many people as poss and our NHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be staying here, either on my own or with my partner depending on whether he goes to see his family or not.

Skype and Zoom will be the only way I'll see my folks this year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More than likely working on overtime :shrug:

Missus must be relieved.

For myself....afternoon with daughters family..delight...sons working so he’s a non starter......hopefully also time with Dad providing I’ve perfected his escape plan from hospital..not quite enough knotted bed sheets currently

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I only go back to Brighton alternate years. This year I was supposed to fly over but that has been cancelled this year. It'll probably just be me, my wife and our 1 year old.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I imagine people will spread out the get-togethers over several separate days?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Missus must be relieved.

For myself....afternoon with daughters family..delight...sons working so he’s a non starter......hopefully also time with Dad providing I’ve perfected his escape plan from hospital..not quite enough knotted bed sheets currently
:clap:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Highly unlikely we'll have anyone round this year which is a shame, it's my daughter's first Christmas so was going to have relatives from Manchester down and my parents round as well.

It'll be video calls at best and hope that things improve in the new year to the point we can do things then.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I’ll be visiting family. I’ve be summoned up North whether there is a lockdown or not.

Better than being on my own I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here