Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What was your mother’s or father’s weapon of choice

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
One for the more mature visitors to the site I expect .......

My mum was a dab hand with both the slipper and the hairbrush. Boy could she twizzle that brush so you did not know if you would get the wooden handle or the bristles :ohmy:

Still she was less brutal than my house master.

Anyone else have horror memories from being naughty in your younger years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My mothers main weapon was the age old "wait until your father gets home" Usually enough of a threat to stop me misbehaving immediately. The occasional slapped arse or legs was about it though.

School was worse. My maths teacher was unerringly accurate luzzing a wooden blackboard rubber and they bloody hurt! :eek:

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
My mothers main weapon was the age old "wait until your father gets home" Usually enough of a threat to stop me misbehaving immediately. The occasional slapped arse or legs was about it though.

School was worse. My maths teacher was unerringly accurate luzzing a wooden blackboard rubber and they bloody hurt! :eek:

Ha ha - my mum played both roles so maybe that’s why she was sadistic :lolol:

Ah the old blackboard rubber. DIY you experience the rounders bat as well?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Good old fasioned hand smack. Especially if i was in shorts and on the legs.

Never ever hit my 2 kids. Things have come a long way.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A mouthful of Lifebuoy after a profanity.

"No Match of the Day" hurt most, and they knew it.

EDIT: Just recalled being hit by a jar of travelling pickled onions after being particularly obnoxious at dinner.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The belt & buckle
Regularly got my arse smashed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not posting any anecdotes on this thread. I'd rather forget all about it. Suffice to say, thank goodness times have changed.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mum - Wooden spoon - more waving it around as a threat which lost its potency when I drew a smiley face on it.

Dad - fists and once or twice, the belt.

School - all sorts. Boarding school in the 80’s. Anything that came to hand or indeed, the hand. Official corporal punishment had come to an end by my time but the same masters were there and old habits die hard.
Other punishments included 5am cross country runs, extra square bashing, painting coal white (the trick is to get all the coal dust off first), extra duties etc. But a wallop from one of the less enlightened masters was quite regular.

I preferred a short, sharp whack.
Far better than marching up and down the track on Saturday afternoon in full CCF kit and being made to carry cases and wave goodbye to all your house-mates as they went home for the weekend and you faced a “gating” and a weekend of being the duty master’s lackey.
Christ! I was glad to get out of there.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here