NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Nuff said, cos let’s face it...even the paras need heroes :cool:

Per mare per terram

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Oct 28 The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot, later to be known as the Royal Marines, is established

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oct 28 The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot, later to be known as the Royal Marines, is established

Hence my ' hoofing ' comment earlier. With a friend who used to be in SBS you pick up on the lingo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My Grandfather was a Royal Marine 30AU Commando in WW2, wished i had asked him about his war time experience before he died :(

You may have got little out of him. It was a closed book to my old man. I must have got about 20 words out of him about it, and he was in* for the whole length of it.

*Marine air corp then the army: enlisted under age, served his term in the former then conscripted into the army a few months later. Very peculiar.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I used to be a member of the Marine Cadets off Preston Park back in the 70’s - was anyone else involved.

Went on a few trips with them - sailed from Sunderland down to Pompey on HMS Brighton - she was an anti submarine frigate if I recall correctly. Also did canoeing off Chichester, the old D of E training and so much more.....ahhhhh good days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here