Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why hasn't Homeopathy found a cure for Covid?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I personally believe that there is a role for medical science and organic treatment. Vitamins like C and D are incredibly important to our immune systems which is the main way we beat viruses. Things like lemon, and garlic are incredibly potent at providing these as well as anti bacterial proprieties so I certainly think they can play a role in being healthy.

In fact after having covid in April and being worried about the lingering cough I rang 111 and the NHS nurses recommendation was to make a drink of hot water, lemon with the rind on, garlic and ginger and it did wonders at helping to clear the wheezing.

I couldn’t really claim to be any sort of authority on homeopathic medicine beyond that so won’t argue in its favour but I’m certainly open minded enough to believe that in the millions of years of mankind that there were natural medicines that helped people with illness.

I'm not sure even a "mainstream" scientist would think that Vitamins aren't important to your health.

As for homeopathy, it isn't a "natural medicine". It's a complete and utter scam developed in the late 1700s that's enabled even your high street chemist to prey on the gullible.

It's three principles:

1) A punch in the face cures a punch in the face.
2) You have to dilute the punch in the face in water to a degree that the punch in the face is undetectable. In fact you pay more for medicines where there is less punch in the face. When I say "less" I mean less than nothing.
3) it "works" because water has a memory. If water has a "memory", you'd never drink water again, unless you have constipation of course and buy a homeopathic remedy that has remembered someone else's turds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like I said I am no authority on it. I assumed it was the use of natural medicine. Regardless it wouldn’t have been able to cure a virus because you can’t .

Yes you can.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

A quote from this Nature review: "The results showed that treatment with ivermectin effectively kills almost all viral particles within 48 h"

I appreciate you don't know the difference between homeopathy and herbal medicines, and I am sure you will have read there is no cure for the common cold (a virus), which is correct, but conflating these things without doing any research, then gobbing off about it on a football forum is bloody irresponsible. Fortunately nobody takes you seriously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I will post this link on this thread because although it is not about homeopathy it is about early intervention which is not 'approved' anywhere due to lack of proof of benefit. I'd rather bury this here for the moment.

It is a catch 22 situation that COVID treatments can only be evaluated 'in the field'and until they are proven to work they can't be recommended, so they aren't. Some medics around the world consider there is enough weak and preliminary data on a range of interventions delivered very early to justify their widespread use, effectively testing in the field rather than by controlled clinical trial.

Check this here https://www.trialsitenews.com/this-doctor-has-covid-he-has-a-plan-for-all-of-us/

I am a scientist not a medic. I stumbled across this meme because I found two papers by the guy in the interview that were published in a predatory journal (that will publish any old shit as long as you pay them) when I was checking up on possible fraud by another investigator. I contacted the bloke in the interview and asked him if he was aware of the two papers, each with a lead author from overseas, with his name on them. He said 'yes, the lead author is a collaborator'. OK, mate.

So all I can say is the promotion of unproven treatments seems to carry weight when the chief of internal medicine in a big American hospital is promoting them. However, I would never publish my work in a predatory journal. Nor would I engage with a covid chat-group many of whom are primarily focused on the 'conspiracy' against Trump by Fauci and 'left wing democrats'.

I suppose my point is it is possible to be a dick and yet be correct occasionally (on the principle of a broken clock being correct twice a day). However my instinct says there may be something in this doctor's approach of early intervention with a multiplicity of well know drugs, none of which have powerful headline proven value in covid.

I will update as and when, but the political dimension has made this issue quite ugly and you can easily follow it yourselves, but beware false claims.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes you can.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

A quote from this Nature review: "The results showed that treatment with ivermectin effectively kills almost all viral particles within 48 h"

I appreciate you don't know the difference between homeopathy and herbal medicines, and I am sure you will have read there is no cure for the common cold (a virus), which is correct, but conflating these things without doing any research, then gobbing off about it on a football forum is bloody irresponsible. Fortunately nobody takes you seriously.

Ouch...!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here