Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why hasn't Homeopathy found a cure for Covid?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With the virus having been around for ten months at least now, you'd have thought someone would have diluted a specimen with some water by now and produced a world saving cure. I wonder why they haven't???

I'm going for "because homeopathy is bollocks".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Errrr you do realise it’s impossible to cure a virus either by conventional medicine or homeopathic?

small pox would beg to differ.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hosepipe ban

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Perhaps you should do some reading and basic research. As you're only a beginner at that I'll kick it off for you with some Homeopaths promising both prevention and, indeed, cure.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...oronavirus-prevention-cures-health-officials/

Perhaps you should do some reading and basic research. As you're only a beginner at that I'll kick it off for you with some Homeopaths promising both prevention and, indeed, cure.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...oronavirus-prevention-cures-health-officials/

I don’t care what Homeopaths are saying you can’t cure a virus. As you want to point to some reading here’s something for you as a real beginner you might enjoy.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158179

Let me highlight the important info for you.

3d4f1efba2f742459fefdf665e12545a.jpg

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So, Homeopaths are charlatans then?

I personally believe that there is a role for medical science and organic treatment. Vitamins like C and D are incredibly important to our immune systems which is the main way we beat viruses. Things like lemon, and garlic are incredibly potent at providing these as well as anti bacterial proprieties so I certainly think they can play a role in being healthy.

In fact after having covid in April and being worried about the lingering cough I rang 111 and the NHS nurses recommendation was to make a drink of hot water, lemon with the rind on, garlic and ginger and it did wonders at helping to clear the wheezing.

I couldn’t really claim to be any sort of authority on homeopathic medicine beyond that so won’t argue in its favour but I’m certainly open minded enough to believe that in the millions of years of mankind that there were natural medicines that helped people with illness.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
You used Smallpox as an example. Here is what the WHO have to say. A vaccination and cure are two very different things.

as i say semantics. here's an explanation from kidshealth.org. we could note a virus and a disease are two very different things too, covid being the disease caused by a particular coronavirus.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I personally believe that there is a role for medical science and organic treatment. Vitamins like C and D are incredibly important to our immune systems which is the main way we beat viruses. Things like lemon, and garlic are incredibly potent at providing these as well as anti bacterial proprieties so I certainly think they can play a role in being healthy.

In fact after having covid in April and being worried about the lingering cough I rang 111 and the NHS nurses recommendation was to make a drink of hot water, lemon with the rind on, garlic and ginger and it did wonders at helping to clear the wheezing.

I couldn’t really claim to be any sort of authority on homeopathic medicine beyond that so won’t argue in its favour but I’m certainly open minded enough to believe that in the millions of years of mankind that there were natural medicines that helped people with illness.

You know none of what you just said has anything to do with homeopathy?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

What you've described isn't Homeopathy. Homeopathy at a simple level takes something that makes you sick and tries to cure you by diluting it in water and shaking it :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

You've talked about a mixture of natural medicine and common sense. I drank honey and organic apple cider vinegar when it looked like I had a very disruptive cough and it eased it up as much as an over the counter cough mix. It didn't "cure" me though.

However, this was a thread about Homeopaths claiming, back in March, that their shaky shaky water would cure Covid. It appears not to have worked.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Like I said I am no authority on it. I assumed it was the use of natural medicine. Regardless it wouldn’t have been able to cure a virus because you can’t .

Yet you piled in on post #2 with your normal aggressive tone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here