Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Never Mind the Bollocks

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Really loved The Adverts

Still remember Tim Smith doing a solo acoustic set at The Evening Star not all that many years ago. He wanted to play his new stuff. Us gentlemen of a certain age were only interested in tapping our collective foot to his old stuff. Turned into an astoundingly good Adverts Unplugged session :rock: :bowdown:

The worst sentence uttered by a lead singer of your old favorite band..."we are going to play a few tracks off our forthcoming album"...time to get another drink :lol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Really loved The Adverts

So did John Lydon, the bourgeois hypocrite...

279_44573_CountryLife_GALLERY.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A unique band, a unique album, timeless.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I bought the album on vinyl when I was 14, this wasn’t when it was released though.
I’m sure my copy had a pink front cover rather than yellow, not sure if this was an import or it was reissued with a different cover.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd go as far as to say,it's my 5th favourite album of all time

Had the picture disc version too that I never played

Same here, with a pink cut-out sleeve?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about the New Regent ??:D

Blighted by the night of the Banshees shambles....20 minute drum solo when the PA went tits up :facepalm:

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kudos to you there , missed that one :annoyed:

was rest of it any good ?

It was a mess, really. Susan got very irritable. Such a shame as the original line up with Kenny and John was the best, for me. I think they completed about 3 songs, but each had crackles and vo.... tha. ..t out :down:

The support band, XTC, had no such problems and were rather entertaining!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
It was a mess, really. Susan got very irritable. Such a shame as the original line up with Kenny and John was the best, for me. I think they completed about 3 songs, but each had crackles and vo.... tha. ..t out :down:

The support band, XTC, had no such problems and were rather entertaining!

Saw them (the banshees) later on at the centre , good gig , the New Regent was tiny wasnt it ? ,I can remember that it it was mainly used as a bar for "the ladies" :D, and a big cartwheel on the wall and seeing wreckless eric larry wallis x ray spex and the Fall there ,...
Memories...from the corners of my mind ...:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here