Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Never Mind the Bollocks

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hated it at the time, but it grew on me subsequently 30 years after.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got my mum to get my copy from Virgin in Queens Road as she changed buses at the Clock Tower. She said "Funny lot in there, aren't they".

When she got home there was a power cut so I couldn't play it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Was released 43 years ago today.
It certainly woke me up!
Never been another album like it.

Thought it was released 28 October 1977 (today) rather than 27 October.

Not sure Thursday was an official release date.

Anyway time to dig the album out and have a listen.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Still listen to it on a regular basis. Lost the poster decades ago. Still got the Submission single it came with though.

In my top 5 albums of all time.

Ghost of Killer Reeves

Oct 3, 2020
Somerset
“The singles won’t be on the album”, said the record company. I remember hearing bootlegged songs from the album at a gig by The Adverts at The Top Rank. I think the DJ referred to bootlegged stuff as ‘Spunk Rock’. Good band The Adverts

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was released 43 years ago today.
It certainly woke me up!
Never been another album like it.

Bought it the day it came out from the record shop just round the corner from McLaren's shop.

Big fan of The Professionals, too. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did they ever play a gig in Brighton in their first incarnation?

No. Lots of rumours, though. I remember the young lad in The Depressions (Eric?) cycling round the venues one night because he'd heard (etc etc) :lolol:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I'd go as far as to say,it's my 5th favourite album of all time

Had the picture disc version too that I never played

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
No. Lots of rumours, though. I remember the young lad in The Depressions (Eric?) cycling round the venues one night because he'd heard (etc etc) :lolol:

There was a rumour that in the summer of ‘77, they played at the Embassy cinema on Western Road as The Spots (Sex Pistols On Tour) when there were widespread bans on them playing as The sex Pistols. Probably untrue......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was a rumour that in the summer of ‘77, they played at the Embassy cinema on Western Road as The Spots (Sex Pistols On Tour) when there were widespread bans on them playing as The sex Pistols. Probably untrue......

Indeed. It didn't happen. Summer of 77....I probably went to 4 or 5 gigs a week at the Buccaneer, Vault, Poly, Alhambra, Black Rock or Top Rank. If there was anything on anywhere I'd know about it. Saw the Jam at the Embassy, though (discussed several times in here previously) :thumbsup:

https://www.punkbrighton.co.uk/vaultn.html

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Indeed. It didn't happen. Summer of 77....I probably went to 4 or 5 gigs a week at the Buccaneer, Vault, Poly, Alhambra, Black Rock or Top Rank. If there was anything on anywhere I'd know about it. Saw the Jam at the Embassy, though (discussed several times in here previously) :thumbsup:

https://www.punkbrighton.co.uk/vaultn.html

Ahhh, thanks for confirming HWT, think I’m getting confused in my dotage. Must have been great going to gigs in that period.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I cant really listen to anything sung by John Lydon anymore, the same can be said about anything sung by Morrissy...which is a shame because I have shit loads of SP, PIL and the smiths records.

But I digress, NMTB was and always will be a top LP and for many like myself a life changing musical awakening.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
“The singles won’t be on the album”, said the record company. I remember hearing bootlegged songs from the album at a gig by The Adverts at The Top Rank. I think the DJ referred to bootlegged stuff as ‘Spunk Rock’. Good band The Adverts

Really loved The Adverts

Still remember Tim Smith doing a solo acoustic set at The Evening Star not all that many years ago. He wanted to play his new stuff. Us gentlemen of a certain age were only interested in tapping our collective foot to his old stuff. Turned into an astoundingly good Adverts Unplugged session :rock: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here