Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Spaghetti Bolognese - The Debate

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I always add a bit of Soy Sauce, Lea & Perrins and controversially, a chopped banana. Gives the sauce an amazing sweet flavour.Have honed this recipe over 40 years and share it with you for free.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Only if the glass sloshes around too much, Keith Floyd stylee

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I always add a bit of Soy Sauce, Lea & Perrins and controversially, a chopped banana. Gives the sauce an amazing sweet flavour.Have honed this recipe over 40 years and share it with you for free.

I'm gonna give that a try.

Sounds disgusting, but I think Darwinism is definitely going backwards and we have to take a chance, for the future of the human race :thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
White wine is better and more traditional, see The Silver Spoon, the classic Italian cookbook. It creates a more interesting dish. And always, always, half pork half beef mince, makes for a much lighter dish, can’t recommend enough (needs lots of breaking up to make as small as possible)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
My missus is Italian, she lived in Bologna for 15 years. They do not EVER have spaghetti with a ragu there, spaghetti is from the south, the good people of Bologna eat their ragu with tagliatelli.
But yeah, I’d go with Worcester sauce and milk in a mix of beef & pork mince.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My missus is Italian, she lived in Bologna for 15 years. They do not EVER have spaghetti with a ragu there, spaghetti is from the south, the good people of Bologna eat their ragu with tagliatelli.
But yeah, I’d go with Worcester sauce and milk in a mix of beef & pork mince.

Bologna is touted as heart of Italian food according to my Italian (Calabrian) buddy, and a few of us went there with him once. The food was just superb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here