Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Limiting immigration: How do you think it will affect you?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Limiting immigration: how do you think it will affect you? Will your life improve or not? Why?

Discuss.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm just listening to the NFU's concerns on fruit and veg picking after Brexit on the National news. Having watched the economy over the last few years I can't imagine why you would think immigration is going to reduce when we need to negotiate loads of International trade deals urgently, and all the extras that go with them.

If you really believe that, I have a great red bus to sell you, one owner, followed by the easiest deal in the world etc etc etc :wink:

Jan 30, 2008
Aesthetically pleasing on the eye, more opportunity for British people ,less under cutting of wages and no more phone a friend , win , win , win
Regards
DF

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Aesthetically pleasing on the eye, more opportunity for British people ,less under cutting of wages and no more phone a friend , win , win , win
Regards
DF

How do you mean 'aesthetically pleasing'?
Have your wages been undercut by a foreign national willing to do your job cheaper.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Immigration falling? I do enjoy a laugh. I think some people are in for quite the shock. My advice? Learn Mandarin.

Jan 30, 2008
I thought the point was that immigration will be on a points system, including from the Indian subcontinent, rather than the EU as a rule. Not giving you the aesthetically pleasing high street.

Depends where you live in the country , I was in kernow last month ,very pleasing on the eye I must say
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well if you 're happy with people openly pissing in the streets of Brixton and the Embankment in broad day light that's ok is it
Regards
DF

Have you seen how some Brits behave at home and abroad? About time we got some of it back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s the more-jobs-for-British-people bit which I struggle with. Take coffee shops for example; part of the attraction of buying overpriced third-wave coffee is its usually served by an exceedingly fit, over-qualified and smiley hottie from main-land Europe. I worry it’s now going to be some unemployable lazy overweight and clumsy British oaf.

And the Albion might be impacted. If we have too many English players we’ll start playing like....well, England. And that won’t be pretty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here