Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Style Council : Long Hot Summers - Sky Arts

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Long Hot Summer was another song played constantly by the beach bar in Ibiza that I frequented over the early 80s when all the music out there was a little more 'relaxed':smokin: . Happy memories.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like many I suppose, I'm the opposite. Always found The Style Council as soppy as The Jam were sharp. Anyways, The Story Of The Jam is on later in the evening, so something there for both camps really.

Have to say also that Sky Arts is a very decent recent addition to Freeview

Sky Arts as good as BBC4 with music, story of the Jam is very good but be very clear there will never be a Jam re-union.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never been more disappointed in a person than Weller. Started off with the best love and protest songs of his generation with The Jam, then embarrassed himself with white socks and loafers in The Style Council, ended up trying to hit off with girls young enough to be his daughter in bars when they’re out with their partners.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never been more disappointed in a person than Weller. Started off with the best love and protest songs of his generation with The Jam, then embarrassed himself with white socks and loafers in The Style Council, ended up trying to hit off with girls young enough to be his daughter in bars when they’re out with their partners.

I think it is like this with all decent singers who have confidence in themselves and want to explore and try something different :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They had a big fall out over the book , and they apparently don’t speak to this day.

I think the fall out was before the book was published. Hewitt still doesn’t know why Weller just cut him off, think Foxton and Buckler had similar blankings.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think the fall out was before the book was published. Hewitt still doesn’t know why Weller just cut him off, think Foxton and Buckler had similar blankings.

He’s back friendly with Foxton, with Foxton playing on album tracks and gigs, but no such reconciliation with Buckler.
Weller is a strange one, a great musical talent, but very unpredictable with people.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He’s back friendly with Foxton, with Foxton playing on album tracks and gigs, but no such reconciliation with Buckler.
Weller is a strange one, a great musical talent, but very unpredictable with people.

I think when Weller’s dad passed away Foxton came to the funeral and things improved.

Hoping to see From The Jam in December, great to turn back the clock.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Weller = a classic example of never meet your hero’s......:down::down:

Always struck me as miserable twunt! Sure he might not need the cash but Buckler & Foxton would love a little pension contribution from a Jam reunion tour. And I'm quite sure the British public would love it.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Random Weller story.

Back in 1999 I was out for a stroll alongside the canal near Loxwood. I recognised John and Ann Weller (Paul's parents) walking towards me with their dog, and they were happy to stop and chat for 10 minutes about their son and his achievements.

Which was nice.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm ready . . . . 4ED7FBD6-897F-4A57-9935-7B261C23FE70.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here