Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was the 2nd half the worst 45 mins of PL football since Potter arrived?

Was the 2nd half the poorest 45 mins of PL football since GP arrived?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reminded me of the Cup game against MASSIVE. Out played and second to everything. Absolute shite

Have we played a worse 45 mins? I know we’ve been outclassed and caught out early in games against United and Liverpool last season at home, but to see your team panic and heads drop like that is just plain depressing imo.

Hopefully a one off but I’m worried that our confidence is gone all over the pitch. We LET WBA back into to the game by taking our foot off the peddle once we scored. Even in the first half, after our goal the signs were there. We just stopped playing

Am I over reacting (It is possible I know :smile:), I am just so pissed off that we threw the game away

You have to take the quality of the opposition into account too. WBA were there for the taking and our negative lack lustre performance after the goal was unforgivable to me.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Reminded me of the Cup game against MASSIVE. Out played and second to everything. Absolute shite

Have we played a worse 45 mins? I know we’ve been outclassed and caught out early in games against United and Liverpool last season at home, but to see your team panic and heads drop like that is just plain depressing imo.

Hopefully a one off but I’m worried that our confidence is gone all over the pitch. We LET WBA back i to the game by taking our foot off the peddle once we scored. Even in the first half, after our goal the signs were there. We just stopped playing

Am I over reacting (It is possible I know :smile:), I am just so pissed off that we threw the game away

We didn't throw the game away, at no point were we in complete control. :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Hopefully a one off but I’m worried that our confidence is gone all over the pitch. We LET WBA back i to the game by taking our foot off the peddle once we scored. Even in the first half, after our goal the signs were there. We just stopped playing

I missed the first half and by all accounts Brighton were fabulous and outplayed WBA.

I saw the game from about the 60 minute mark and you have to give credit to West Brom - I thought they looked good in the period I watched. They chased down every loose ball.

I thought they would be certainties to go down but they won't go down if they play like that.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011

You have to take the quality of the opposition into account too. WBA were there for the taking and our negative lack lustre performance after the goal was unforgivable to me.

They wanted it more than us

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Absolutely disgraceful performance. Players and Potter should hang their hands in absolute shame. Am so embarrassed and convinced we are down unless we get a few suprise results which must start against Spurs.

What in earth was he doing bringing on Gross for? Gross is past it and offers nothing. Maupay had another shocker and needed help. Trossard and him does not work. We need a massive rethink if we want to stay up.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When all is said and done if we had put our first half chances away, we would have got away with that second half display. We squander all our good approach play by certain players continually overplaying. Trossard is flattering to deceive most of the time, Solly doesn't have a killer ball in him and Maupay is needing too many clear chances to convert one. Tonight, it felt like we lost an edge when Lallana was taken off. He doesn't waste the ball ( unlike those around him ) plays the percentages and keeps things ticking over. Wish we had another experienced head alongside him ( Oh...hang on...we did.....but sold him to Burnley ) We lost complete control in the centre of the park in the second half and we had no one capable of wresting back the initiative.
It already feels like we are about 5 points down on where we should be and that is going to come back and bite us, unless we can become more clinical.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’m not worried yet.

Second half against Man Ure we were running riot.

Today we weren’t.

Against Spurs we might again.

Football is a funny old game.

Especially in these COVID times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When all is said and done if we had put our first half chances away, we would have got away with that second half display. We squander all our good approach play by certain players continually overplaying. Trossard is flattering to deceive most of the time, Solly doesn't have a killer ball in him and Maupay is needing too many clear chances to convert one. Tonight, it felt like we lost an edge when Lallana was taken off. He doesn't waste the ball ( unlike those around him ) plays the percentages and keeps things ticking over. Wish we had another experienced head alongside him ( Oh...hang on...we did.....but sold him to Burnley ) We lost complete control in the centre of the park in the second half and we had no one capable of wresting back the initiative.
It already feels like we are about 5 points down on where we should be and that is going to come back and bite us, unless we can become more clinical.

Good point, the second half was tailor made for Stephens

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Can only really think of Leicester at home last season felt like a cup match - minnows v giants with the ease they finally broke us down comfortably. It was like how has the gap widened so much in such a short amount of time against a similar sized club?

It's neither here nor there really. Generally we improve as the game goes on against the poorer sides under Potter. It was dreadful listening to the inevitable it felt. Without Dunk, they were always going to find a goal from somewhere.

Shame the Spuds don't have a long trip on Thursday in the Europa League.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No we were worse vs Palace at home before lockdown, plus several others around the Bournemouth defeat away.

Newcastle home was turgid as well.
Sheffield Utd home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can only really think of Leicester at home last season felt like a cup match - minnows v giants with the ease they finally broke us down comfortably. It was like how has the gap widened so much in such a short amount of time against a similar sized club?

It's neither here nor there really. Generally we improve as the game goes on against the poorer sides under Potter. It was dreadful listening to the inevitable it felt. Without Dunk, they were always going to find a goal from somewhere.

Shame the Spuds don't have a long trip on Thursday in the Europa League.

We were way better against Leic than we were tonight. The foxes were, genuine high class opponents. WBA will probably get turned over by Fulham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That was the worst performance i've seen under Potter. Terrible passing.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
We were way better against Leic than we were tonight. The foxes were, genuine high class opponents. WBA will probably get turned over by Fulham

Yep. There's been worse. Maybe it was the jealousy of their fans expectations that sticks in the memory.

Sheffield United was terrible just before Christmas but then they were outstanding last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here