Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I want stripes back

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Those in the know ( or with graying hair and good memories) know this to be true *

*I sincerely hope I'm wrong

I remember well the first one, in this same top after 4 top flight seasons (like last time).

I want the stripes back but that's not going to help when we are playing so shit and are totally rudderless.

Tonight the biggest culprit imho was Potter and his changes

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I love the home shirt personally :shrug: Best one since the first home shirt of the AMEX era IMO *runs and hides*

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At least we have a CUP FINAL to look forward to.

And hopefully a more honest treasurer.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is a nice kit, but it ain’t stripes.
I said when it was introduced, that nothing good happens when we abandon blue and white stripes.
Call me superstitious.... I suppose , but we just don’t look right and we don’t play well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with the OP that we should return to the stripes.

But we haven't been playing badly this season at all. We very nearly got lucky and won a game we didn't deserve to, we have unluckily lost this year when we deserved to win, we could do with a bit of luck to balance things out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is a nice kit, but it ain’t stripes.
I said when it was introduced, that nothing good happens when we abandon blue and white stripes.
Call me superstitious.... I suppose , but we just don’t look right and we don’t play well.

Superstitious [emoji2]

Said the same though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I remember well the first one, in this same top after 4 top flight seasons (like last time).

I want the stripes back but that's not going to help when we are playing so shit and are totally rudderless.

Tonight the biggest culprit imho was Potter and his changes
But the first time we played in it was the cup final. We were already relegated when we played in it. It was our division 2 kit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Relegation kit !

Yep. Thought that when they first released it. It's a ******* child of the 1983 relegation kit and the 1984 Phoenix Brewery one. I know nostalgia can be a powerful thing but when everybody spunked their load over it on here I was surprised. Why would we want to ditch the stripes in favour of an old kit from the 80s that we were relegated in? I thought it was a bad portent then and still think so now.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Look at it this way... we're going to be in the FA Cup Final... and Smith might score (a second, before anyone tried to pick me up on it!) this time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here