Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don’t think it is confidence, I just don’t think he’s good enough for our team anymore.

His technique is so poor compared to the players around him, appalling first touch and mentally he’s about 5 seconds behind the likes of Welbeck, Lallana, Trossard and Bissouma.

None of our attacking players are good enough

Maupay, Tross, Welbeck.

They just aren’t good enough

Jimmy Grimble

Close to tears in his interview there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think it is confidence, I just don’t think he’s good enough for our team anymore.

His technique is so poor compared to the players around him, appalling first touch and mentally he’s about 5 seconds behind the likes of Welbeck, Lallana, Trossard and Bissouma.

Yes, I’d agree.

I do think he’s more relaxed outside the box, (and that’s his best area) but inside it he simply isn’t good enough.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Maupay is MILES from being a decent Premier league striker. If you take pens away from his stats you see the real picture. Awful touch, awful ability to run with the ball, and now awful at taking big chances.

Another big investment that we’ll be begging someone to take off our hands in a year.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
None of our attacking players are good enough

Maupay, Tross, Welbeck.

They just aren’t good enough

Got to say I agree.

Trossard is a complete luxury, can win you a game but you have to suffer a lot of dross to get to that point.

Maupay just isn’t good enough. Nothing against him, plays his heart out for the side, but just lacks that quality.

If Welbeck and some better quality around him he might shine a bit, think he still has it at this level but can’t make it happen on his own.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He'll get unwarranted flak for the miss from close-in but it was fired in behind him, top strikers would have struggled to do much with it.

Maupay is, and always has been, a second striker. We're trying to use him as a main one. Just another square peg in a round hole.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Maupay is truly Championship level at best but Potter keeps playing him and Potter hasn't made him into a Prem player. Not really Maupay's fault that he's not good enough

How does the manager coach a player to not put it over the bar from two yards? Pathetic to blame the manager for Maupays poor finishing.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Has never looked technically good enough for Premier League.
Takes 3 touches to control a ball.
Cannot believe who ever scouted him did not come away saying Ollie Watkins was the real deal at Brentford.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Yep he's so shite that he's been our top scorer for the last two seasons. Maybe we should get rid of the rest of the strike force as well as they are shiter than him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here