Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree he had an awful game last night but still maintain he would be better playing off somebody (possibly Welbeck) or together with Connolly.

I would rest him for a couple of games and why not even give Zeqiri a chance at Spurs, in a match not many of us think we have a snowballs chance in? At least we could have a look and see if there is a player in the making?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I agree he had an awful game last night but still maintain he would be better playing off somebody (possibly Welbeck) or together with Connolly.

I would rest him for a couple of games and why not even give Zeqiri a chance at Spurs, in a match not many of us think we have a snowballs chance in? At least we could have a look and see if there is a player in the making?

Indeed, why not try Zequiri, perhaps with Welbeck, could be a stunning duo! What's the chances of Potter trying that?...pretty small! I think he'll keep faith with Maupay so as not to shake his confidence...and Connolly is probably still second choice. Hope I'm wrong though...???

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm not sure how people are claiming the chance Lallana set him up for is him "missing a sitter" rather than a great save and Lallana possibly making the wrong decision

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Whilst he isn’t exactly firing them in all over he is still our best option.

Incidentally .... lots of issues with him missing a chance last night but zero issues with the fact that Lallana had a far easier shot but bottled it and passed it to Maupay.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone with half a brain is psychic and can read your mind for the boys you did not post? Riiiiiight. Give over.

You seem to limp around this board quoting me with pithy comments for a reaction. I'm not particularly interested in entering into a binfest with a WUM. Crack on with someone else eh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst he isn’t exactly firing them in all over he is still our best option.

Incidentally .... lots of issues with him missing a chance last night but zero issues with the fact that Lallana had a far easier shot but bottled it and passed it to Maupay.

Didn’t bottle it. With the goalie rightly focusing on the attacker with the ball, Lallana passed it perfectly for Maupay to stroke it home. Unselfish play.

Used to playing with CL level strikers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he has to think about it - he f*cks it. Seen it time and time again. Not a terrible striker by any means, but he's the opposite of clinical.

Unfortunately thats what you get when you buy a £16m Championship striker, and drop him into the PL. His finishing at Palace and today was abysmal, and has directly contributed to us dropping 4 points.

Robbie Keane was the same.

It was a strange, tentative, almost Hughtonesque second half. Never mind. I'm over it now.

And I got another point on the NSC prediction league ??? :rolleyes:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If he has to think about it - he f*cks it. Seen it time and time again. Not a terrible striker by any means, but he's the opposite of clinical.

Unfortunately thats what you get when you buy a £16m Championship striker, and drop him into the PL. His finishing at Palace and today was abysmal, and has directly contributed to us dropping 4 points.

When he fluffed that shot last night the commentator said something to the tune of “ Maupay really is a finisher, you’d back him to score more often than not “ . I chuckled.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
Love Maupay, but inclined to agree.

He does score. But man.. he misses so many straight forward chances. We’re not a luxury team that can afford this. Points are so precious for us.

Rest him next game.

He is a 1 in 6 merchant (as in chances taken) - we just haven't found anyone to better that that we can/want to afford
This season 2 penalties and a gift from Pickford not a lot from open play chances

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve just had a quick skim through this season’s results. All 4 of Maupay’s goals have come when Connolly is on the pitch :moo:

It must be glaringly obvious if even I can see it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
im getting bored of saying it, Connelly has to play with Maupay every week. EVERY WEEK.

We are a 10x better side with him in it, and so is Maupay.

Get Trossard fighting it out with the others in Midfield slots.

Every single good performance and win has come with Maupay and Connelly up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve just had a quick skim through this season’s results. All 4 of Maupay’s goals have come when Connolly is on the pitch :moo:

Even with my wee-wee poor memory I can think of at least 2 games last season where the same applies.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Didn’t bottle it. With the goalie rightly focusing on the attacker with the ball, Lallana passed it perfectly for Maupay to stroke it home. Unselfish play.

Used to playing with CL level strikers.

Absolutely bottled it ... had a great angle and space and could have gone either side of the keeper with the shot... pushed it wide to Maupay who could only put it in the bottom left corner ... which is was heading to until keeper got a foot to it. Yes Maupay should have scored .... but I’d expect someone of Lallana’s ability to be hitting that, something both the commentators agreed with.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely bottled it ... had a great angle and space and could have gone either side of the keeper with the shot... pushed it wide to Maupay who could only put it in the bottom left corner ... which is was heading to until keeper got a foot to it. Yes Maupay should have scored .... but I’d expect someone of Lallana’s ability to be hitting that, something both the commentators agreed with.

He will next time. Lesson learnt .... don’t pass to NM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here