Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It is time Maupay stopped being a first name on the team sheet. His performance today was abysmal but more significantly we just cannot afford to have a centre forward who keeps missing so many glaring opportunities.

The misses against Palace and again today have undoubtedly resulted us dropping points. And these are not half chances they are sitters. He has now scored something like 7 goals in 25 games two of which were penalties.

If we don’t start converting chances we are going down.

Connolly should start against Spurs and as soon as Welbeck is fit he should be given the opportunity.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maupay's contract cost about £16m. If we want someone who might score more than that then it's £40m+.

Joelinton anyone ?

Cloth cut accordingly.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Never really fancied him. Moan, huffs, flails his arms a lot. Doesn't ever seem deadly, many of his goals for us have been tap ins, a bit flukey or penalties (couple of which he's fluffed badly). He can be useful to wind up the opposition, be nasty, buzz around and be annoying. But quality, nah, he hasn't shown it (yet) for me. Hopefully, he can get better.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Total capitulation today. They should be embarrassed with themselves. Relegation i fear for this season.

Agreed. Anyone watching that second half would have us down as dead certs for relegation.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Love Maupay, but inclined to agree.

He does score. But man.. he misses so many straight forward chances. We’re not a luxury team that can afford this. Points are so precious for us.

Rest him next game.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He plays better when Connolly is on the pitch. As good as Trossard can be, playing a winger beside him (Maupay) is baffling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me it's a simple fact that he plays better along side Connolly.

Dunno if that's borne out under analysis but I can't think of a game when that was challenged.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He’s good but, I’ve said it before, he lacks an instinct that can’t be trained. Just seems to not read the game like others. Almost seems surprised at times to find the ball at his feet in the box. In some situations he’s great (mostly V Arsenal)...but tonight illustrates my feelings.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m a big Maupay fan and will usually come to his defence but that was the poorest game I can remember him having for us. Missed another easy chance and his hold up play was abysmal. Amazed he stayed on all game.

Not helped by a poor performance from Trossard for the 2nd week running mind you.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'd like to see Welbeck partner him. He was better with Connolly making space for him. Looked isolated tonight for much of the match.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His confidence looks shot to me.

Along with just about every other player once Lallana went off. Yes Maupay was shit tonight but nobody stood out. Panic stations all over the pitch in the second half and Potter's substitutions were negative when he needed to be positive. Why bring Gross on when you are being over run|?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Maupay's contract cost about £16m. If we want someone who might score more than that then it's £40m+.

Joelinton anyone ?

Cloth cut accordingly.

I think he has been a good signing. But he now needs a few games coming off the bench, we have other options and should use them:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here