Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Women on mobile phones....

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
A lot of women use it to issolate themselves from being approched, before phones it used to be a book or magazie.

What a sad, isolated world we live in then, no wonder the younger generations are having less sex than the older ones.

I’m not really sure girls expect to be ‘hit on’ whilst getting on a bus to Brighton tbh, I just think they are mostly addicted and brainwashed. Also, how ‘up herself’ must a girl be to expect to be ‘hit on’ when they use public transport?

I’m not saying it’s just girls though, the lads are doing it too, but the former seem a lot more worse...or perhaps I just don’t notice the lads as much!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
What a sad, isolated world we live in then, no wonder the younger generations are having less sex than the older ones.

I’m not really sure girls expect to be ‘hit on’ whilst getting on a bus to Brighton tbh, I just think they are mostly addicted and brainwashed. Also, how ‘up herself’ must a girl be to expect to be ‘hit on’ when they use public transport?

I’m not saying it’s just girls though, the lads are doing it too, but the former seem a lot more worse...or perhaps I just don’t notice the lads as much!

You have duck all idea what it’s like to feel vulnerable, it’s not about beIng ‘hit on’ FFS

For what it’s worth on my commute to London everyone male or female would be starring at something, phone, kindle, book, news paper. It’s a way to disconnect from the surroundings.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So many times I’ve looked at a bus go by and see girls staring down at their phones.

Brad Pitt (or whoever they fancy these days) could walk right past and they wouldn’t have a clue!

They can’t just stare out of the window watching the world go by. How sad. They have a fixation that the world on their phone is so much better than the one around them.

I think phones have totally destroyed their attention spans and gave them a ‘there’s always something better on the next page’ attitude. Dating apps probably have something to do with this too.

:lolol: Almost got wooshed by that one.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My misses was on a facetime call with her friend at the weekend, after roughly 45mins I walked past the room and heard her say "so how are you" ....

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In my youth it was conversations over the garden fence, far more productive to be able to chat on speakerphone whilst doing things in the house surely?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In my youth it was conversations over the garden fence, far more productive to be able to chat on speakerphone whilst doing things in the house surely?

Yeah, come on chaps, you have to think about maximising the productivity of women!

:ffsparr:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Woman decides train is perfect place to have incredibly personal phone conversation

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...ly-personal-phone-conversation-20180807176041

I did a daily commute for many years and I was staggered by the number of people who ordered over the phone and were happy to give their name, address and credit card details over the phone. I copied one down once and was going to write to him (and they were usually men) and say that I could have been a cyber criminal but I thought better of it.

But it was something that happened about once a month on average - if not more frequently

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Its been going on since mobiles existed I think. Took this pic a couple of years ago in a bar in Zizkov, on a Saturday night. Suspect they were even texting each other :lolol:
1509113_10207577240924166_1789672813887092892_n.jpg

Last edited:

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
My other half speaks to her best friend for over 2 hours most nights. Fine for me as I get to watch football, but what on earth do they speak about?
I would struggle to speak to anyone for longer than 5 minutes.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You have duck all idea what it’s like to feel vulnerable, it’s not about beIng ‘hit on’ FFS

For what it’s worth on my commute to London everyone male or female would be starring at something, phone, kindle, book, news paper. It’s a way to disconnect from the surroundings.

What did you mean by ‘being approached’ then?

Like I said, I think we live a sad when people don’t want to enjoy and activity take part in their surroundings and would rather be fixed into the Matrix at any moment they can.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Agrresion and intimadation. You may not have seen it with your own eyes but it happens.

Ok, don’t see how looking at your phone stops that, especially on a bus that is pretty much empty. Maybe we are talking about two different things.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Ok, don’t see how looking at your phone stops that, especially on a bus that is pretty much empty. Maybe we are talking about two different things.

Probably! I am not talking about getting on a bus at 17:30, I am talking about at night. looking at your phone or whatever is way to distance yourself hopefully if you don't make any eye contact and you don't pay attenction you will be left alone.

On public transport during normal hours I don't see any difference between men and women looking at their phones, pretty much everyone is on a device of some desription unless they are older people.

The thing I find most odd is not using a device when on your own on public transport, but when your in a restarunt with freinds and family.

The amout of times (pre-covid) I would see families parrents and kids all on devices in a resatraunt as well couples both staring at their phones. Seriously if you don't like each other enough to have a one to one conversion save money, stay at home. It's strange.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
In the early days, a woman was talking very loudly on an enormous phone in the carriage I was in on a train. Whilst talking, it rang :lolol:

I have seen similar. About ten years back, a Dad at the school gates pretending to be doing a big deal very loudly. Talking a negotiating a 'mill' here or a couple of 'mill' there. Looked like a right knobhead when the 'phone rang.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a women, I can't answer your question as I don't do it. Infact I get moaned at by my husband becasue I will regually leave the house without the phone. Not on purpose it's just that keys, purse, face mask all take priority and I sometimes forget it.

I guess like men not all women are the same.

Yep.

And despite being peculiar and having almost no actual friends, I have had quite a few chats on Teams or Skype with a couple of pals (one of them an NSC user) during Covid. I rather like it. And the last time I looked, I was a bloke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have seen similar. About ten years back, a Dad at the school gates pretending to be doing a big deal very loudly. Talking a negotiating a 'mill' here or a couple of 'mill' there. Looked like a right knobhead when the 'phone rang.

Was it this bloke?

Windy Miller.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here