Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Four Notes, Paul's Tune

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Anyone else been following the story of Paul Harvey from Buxted, a former music teacher living with dementia, who became an internet sensation a few weeks ago when he improvised an incredible piano piece after his son, Nick, gave him four random notes to play.

It has now ben orchestrated by the BBC Philharmonic and is due to be released with proceeds split between the Alzhiemer's Society and Music for Dementia.

An incredible talent and story that has left me with something in my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS0q6AW35OM

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes indeed - just saw it on lunchtime news - brilliant, heartwarming story - power of music. I knew there was a reason why some of us keep posting on NSC music threads!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wonderful story Thanks!

I was touched to see the son's face while his Dad wes listening to the orchestra.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Saw this on BBC news this morning. Hadn't seen anything on this story before and by the end I was smiling and shedding a tear at 06:30. Lovely thing to do and a fantastic bond between father and son.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And I thought from the thread title, that this was going to be a story about Paul Barber trying to charge £40 for a Karaoke evening at the Amex.

This is far better though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's fantastic. First I'd heard about this story, so thanks for sharing it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fantastic stuff, I think I've got something in my eye...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here