Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] From a northern horses mouth.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

"I’m now truly realising the value of a good coach"

Having seen the latest Newcastle United match on Sunday at Molineux, it simply adds to my feeling from what I’m watching, the realisation of the coaching effect certain managers are having on teams.

Take Graham Potter at Brighton, whose team played us off the pitch at St James Park with lesser players.

They were superb and Steve Bruce didn’t have a clue how to contain them.

Potter is certainly someone who I wouldn’t complain about if he ended up at the toon.

However, we currently have a job for the boys merry go round manager.

Potters team and others are not frightened when they go up against the better sides, which tells you that he and his players believe in what they are doing.

Under Steve Bruce, we play negative, hoping for a draw.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/10/im...of-a-good-coach-newcastle-united-steve-bruce/

Well if this isn't an incentive (for us), I'll eat my hat :D

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Most of that I'd agree with except the part about lesser players. I'd take our entire back four/five over theirs, our central midfield too. ASM and Wilson apart who do they have that walks into our side? They have several others who have an argument Shelvey despite being an ******** for one but significantly better?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Most of that I'd agree with except the part about lesser players. I'd take our entire back four/five over theirs, our central midfield too. ASM and Wilson apart who do they have that walks into our side? They have several others who have an argument Shelvey despite being an ******** for one but significantly better?

Agreed, other than Saint Maxim I don’t think I’d be bothered about taking any of their other players.

Although it’s nice they recognise the brilliance of GP, it Just shows their ignorance about our club frankly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's how the Newcastle team have got twice as many points as we have this season, I suppose.

But only 1 or 2 of their players would walk into our side apparently. Maybe a player who could fit the ball between the posts rather than on them or outside them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That's how the Newcastle team have got twice as many points as we have this season, I suppose.

possibly also due to two dodgy reffing decisions against us (manure and palace) and their positive penalty decision against spurs are bigger factors and account for 5 points..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here