Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What's your attitude to ASTROLOGY?

What's your attitude to Astrology?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
90ab283536680e1ab7614cf898985aef.jpg

But what did he know compared to Guinness Boy? [emoji23]

Yes, but you recommended a book ABOUT Tesla, not one by him. You do understand the difference, right?

Especially when the book is written by a polymath with an obsession about Freemasons who is, wait for it, also interested in "archaeoastronomy". Just from the blurb it appears he claims Edison didn't invent the lightbulb and has (much like Gavin Menzies' 1421, which was interesting, supposedly scientific and completely wrong, but Menzies did ok out of it) "pieced it together for the very first time".

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought it utter rubbish until I dated 3 Geminis in a row, all of whom had the mental characteristics that Geminis are known for.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
astrology.jpg

It's bollocks like karma and all the other new age woo, preying on people's doubts and insecurities.

Also if it were true, wouldn't identical twins have the same personalities and traits - they don't

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am a Virgo, my wife is an Aquarius and most astrologers consider this one of the least compatible pairings in the zodiac.

So there might be something in it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a slide from a lecture I give on experimental design and analysis

horoscopes.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I just research stuff. I can send you the Fed report on solar activity effect on trading if you’d like to educate yourself or can recommend many books on the genius of Gann if you’d like to expand your mind?

I would also recommend reading up on Nikola Tesla who proved the importance of electro magnetism on everything in the universe.

Finding rubbish that supports your prejudices is not 'research' :shrug:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Remember, for some reason I read my stars on my birthday one year, to see the following "if it's your birthday today, expect a surprise", no shit Sherlock, never read one since!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Despite the fact if you read many different astrologers they'd all give different predictions on the same day.......

Let's just assume you luck out upon the one that does seem accurate to that day you're having........

Should we really believe that additionally to you, about 1/12th of the population (with each star sign) are all having the exact same day, same issues and same tall dark strangers?

Nonsense.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yes, but you recommended a book ABOUT Tesla, not one by him. You do understand the difference, right?

Especially when the book is written by a polymath with an obsession about Freemasons who is, wait for it, also interested in "archaeoastronomy". Just from the blurb it appears he claims Edison didn't invent the lightbulb and has (much like Gavin Menzies' 1421, which was interesting, supposedly scientific and completely wrong, but Menzies did ok out of it) "pieced it together for the very first time".

Oh hi Bully Mod. I suggested that book because I believe it gives good insight into Tesla’s thinking but there are literally 1000s of others you could choose.

Here’s a list of other Tesla books you could try, give some a go it really is fascinating stuff if you don’t know much about one of the greatest inventors of all time and the man that gave a blueprint for WiFi and smartphones over 100 years ago.

https://www.bookscrolling.com/the-best-books-about-nikola-tesla/

This is a super short insight into the mans life but really only scratched the surface.

https://youtu.be/Ok8JDXSYw1U

If you do choose to actually engage in any of this rich information then you will certainly come to the conclusion that energy, vibration, and frequency and their role in all life are far from the mumbo Jumbo that you purported in your attempt to demean me earlier in the thread.

I’m not going to feed your bully ego any longer on this thread. Like always I’ve provided plenty of information to support my position. Up to you if you allow yourself to explore. Adios amigo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh hi Bully Mod. I suggested that book because I believe it gives good insight into Tesla’s thinking but there are literally 1000s of others you could choose.

Here’s a list of other Tesla books you could try, give some a go it really is fascinating stuff if you don’t know much about one of the greatest inventors of all time and the man that gave a blueprint for WiFi and smartphones over 100 years ago.

https://www.bookscrolling.com/the-best-books-about-nikola-tesla/

This is a super short insight into the mans life but really only scratched the surface.

https://youtu.be/Ok8JDXSYw1U

If you do choose to actually engage in any of this rich information then you will certainly come to the conclusion that energy, vibration, and frequency and their role in all life are far from the mumbo Jumbo that you purported in your attempt to demean me earlier in the thread.

I’m not going to feed your bully ego any longer on this thread. Like always I’ve provided plenty of information to support my position. Up to you if you allow yourself to explore. Adios amigo.

Sorry, is this thread called "what's your attitude to Astrology?" or "the life and times of Nikola Tesla"? Can you give us mere simpletons a paragraph or two backed up with meta studies showing exactly how Tesla proves Astrology isn't bollocks? Or is that your final flounce.

It's intresting that you've moved on from your book recommendation already. Robert Lomas, the author has "attracted a great deal of criticism and even outrage" for his writing on Freemasonary whilst his co-authoured Book of Hiram has been described as "An invention by the highly imaginative authors ... which has no historical validity". I wonder if he did the same with Tesla as confirmation bias of his pro astrology position? Maybe you are as well???

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Remember, for some reason I read my stars on my birthday one year, to see the following "if it's your birthday today, expect a surprise", no shit Sherlock, never read one since!

This reminds me of the Steve Wright Down the Pan Daleks. For those who don’t know, this was a sketch about the Daleks having to find alternative jobs after Doctor Who ended. In one sketch they became mystics and read out messages from beyond the grave....things like “John, the milk is in the fridge”.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Astronomy? Pretty cool. New place has dark skies, so have been researching telescopes; think I've selected one.

Astrology? Utter bobbins.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sorry, is this thread called "what's your attitude to Astronomy?" or "the life and times of Nikola Tesla"? Can you give us mere simpletons a paragraph or two backed up with meta studies showing exactly how Tesla proves Astronomy isn't bollocks? Or is that your final flounce.
Ahem...

AstroLoGy

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's all about as believable as healing crystals, dream catchers and psychics.
For lonely, middle aged, virgins who collect doyleys and cats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here