Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What's your attitude to ASTROLOGY?

What's your attitude to Astrology?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I once heard Tim Vickery talking about astrology on talksport. He was saying how big it was in South America and that some respected managers built teams based on the right mix of star signs.

I found that really interesting and there's obviously much more to it than the random tit bits in the tabloids and trash magazines.

I suspect there might be something in it. The effect of the moon is enough for Sussex OB to change their staffing level as statistically there are more arrests when it's a full moon. If there weren't numbers to back that up most people would call bollocks straight away.

If the moon can do it why not the stars?

The filth have to put more Bobbies out because people turn into wolves and stuff.

The tabloid stuff is nonsense and mumbo jumbo but If you really spend time researching the make up of universe, and the composition of life (energy, electromagnetism, vibrational frequency etc) then you would find it impossible to come to any other conclusion than the position of the sun and planets on each other has a big effect on all living matter.

It has been proven that the effect of solar activity has a big affect on financial trading for example as emotional volatility increases massively during solar storms, in fact the federal bank of Atlanta has published a study on it, and one of the most famous and successful traders of all time WD Gann based his system on astrology. Reading books on the later is particularly mind blowing.

I once took an experimental drug (legal at the time) that my mate had brought back from the US. Cracking stuff. At a party we were at (friend's farmhouse in the Peak District), I hopped over a drystone wall with my girlfriend and we laid down in a cornfield in the baking sun. We could both actually feel the vibrations of the planet and all life and realised how we were all part of the same thing. Mind blowing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Do you smoke a lot of weed?

No I just research stuff. I can send you the Fed report on solar activity effect on trading if you’d like to educate yourself or can recommend many books on the genius of Gann if you’d like to expand your mind?

I would also recommend reading up on Nikola Tesla who proved the importance of electro magnetism on everything in the universe.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No one's ever been able to explain to me convincingly how it actually works.

I'm out.

Here's how......

The tabloid stuff is nonsense and mumbo jumbo but If you really spend time researching the make up of universe, and the composition of life (energy, electromagnetism, vibrational frequency etc) then you would find it impossible to come to any other conclusion than the position of the sun and planets on each other has a big effect on all living matter.

It has been proven that the effect of solar activity has a big affect on financial trading for example as emotional volatility increases massively during solar storms, in fact the federal bank of Atlanta has published a study on it, and one of the most famous and successful traders of all time WD Gann based his system on astrology. Reading books on the later is particularly mind blowing.

.......vibrational frequency. Emotional volitility. "Energy". And things that are proven without the need for citation or evidence. Now you know that you can get out there and make a shitload of cash. Or enjoy a spliff more.

*taps nose*

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Here's how......

.......vibrational frequency. Emotional volitility. "Energy". And things that are proven without the need for citation or evidence. Now you know that you can get out there and make a shitload of cash. Or enjoy a spliff more.

*taps nose*

You don’t think human beings are made up of energy and frequency? There is literally a ton of scientific evidence. You’re body is made of atoms. Atoms create matter. What are Atoms? Have you seen what happens with energy when Atoms are used in a bomb? Like I said there is evidence from the FED that solar energy affects emotional volatility and trading. Are the FED smoking spliffs?

Fill your boots. https://www.frbatlanta.org/research/publications/wp/2003/05

If you want to actually try and educate yourself before acting a smart ar*se I’m very happy to provide more material (and evidence) for beginners. Or you can just keep your mind closed. Probably easier for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Have they made an album yet ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
WOW!!!!

It must work, I’ve never believed in it before, but, this morning my stars said I would be asked a question to which the answer was,‘It’s bollox’

I am now a convert.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Like I said. Maybe try and educate yourself before acting a bell end.

https://www.frbatlanta.org/research/publications/wp/2003/05

A single paper published 17 years ago hardly counts as irrefutable evidence though.

Plus there's this:

"The views expressed here are the authors’ and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta or the Federal Reserve System. Any remaining errors are the authors’ responsibility."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hahaha awesome. And so we think there is more crime because the ne’er do wells get all riled up by a full moon. Sort of like a Tesco Value werewolf thing? Could it be something else? I mean, if they lay on more staff there are more bobbies out there, policing! Perhaps that is why there are more arrests!?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jun/05/ukcrime

The moon is powerful enough to pull giant bodies of water around the earth. Our bodies are 2/3 made of water. You don't reckon there's any possibility of a connection?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A single paper published 17 years ago hardly counts as irrefutable evidence though.

Plus there's this:

"The views expressed here are the authors’ and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta or the Federal Reserve System. Any remaining errors are the authors’ responsibility."

That's just one example. Have you read it before dismissing it? The FED paid for the research because they believed in the concept. There are tons of other bits of research on the subject. Here's one:

https://ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz/sp...e geomagnetic storms and the stock market.pdf

Or just have a google and see the huge bank of material on the subject.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sto...rSxUIHSfCA9I4ChDy0wN6BAgEEDE&biw=1266&bih=561

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The moon is powerful enough to pull giant bodies of water around the earth. Our bodies are 2/3 made of water. You don't reckon there's any possibility of a connection?

No. It doesn’t work like that. The water in our bodies is not in one concentrated body of water. It is distributed throughout our cells, organs, blood, joint fluid. It is subject to many forces and is regulated by the body. It is not like some biological water table and is most certainly not affected by any celestial body or phenomena.

It’s a romantic idea but ultimately nonsense. As is astrology and the idea that stars affect our actions
As for the link to police research? It’s the police with anecdotal evidence. I’m not sure I would give it too much credence.

The moon cycle affecting mood? Maybe. Probably not. I work nights with some very volatile people and the moon doesn’t seem to affect it. Despite the female staff being adamant it does.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You don’t think human beings are made up of energy and frequency? There is literally a ton of scientific evidence. You’re body is made of atoms. Atoms create matter.

And are those atoms different if you're born on a Tuesday in November?

If you want to actually try and educate yourself before acting a smart ar*se I’m very happy to provide more material (and evidence) for beginners. Or you can just keep your mind closed. Probably easier for you.

"Beginner at Pseudoscience" is a tremendous strapline. I might get it put on a t-shirt.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

That is a ridiculous leap :)

You may as well suggest that two-thirds of the human body will freeze if left outside at below zero. There is about as much of a link there as your crazy reasoning.

Hang on, I've just had an idea.

Mrs. Fats: <On phone> "WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE PUB? YOU'VE BEEN THERE FIVE HOURS!!!"

Fats: <Drunkenly> "It's not MY fault! It's the moon what made me do it. I'll be back as soon as the tide comes in love"

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I don't even think about it as it has no importance for me whatsoever. Other people may swear by it and that is their choice. I think it is just a load of superstition.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And are those atoms different if you're born on a Tuesday in November?

"Beginner at Pseudoscience" is a tremendous strapline. I might get it put on a t-shirt.

I never said they were different based on when you were born, in fact I dismissed that right at the start You dismissed the concept of what I wrote (being a smart ar*se in the process) about the effects on us from solar activity and other planetary alignment because of electro magnetism (planets have huge magnetic fields) and it's affects on us as a result of being made up mostly of energy and frequency.

In fact you're a big fan of WHO. Let them explain to you the effect of electro magnetism on humans. https://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/index1.html

Pseudoscience? No it's just called science and Astrophysics. I suggest you do a bit of research, you may even learn something. You're coming across pretty ignorantly at the moment as you're clearly arguing about something of which you understand nothing and of which there is tons of evidence.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No. It doesn’t work like that. The water in our bodies is not in one concentrated body of water. It is distributed throughout our cells, organs, blood, joint fluid. It is subject to many forces and is regulated by the body. It is not like some biological water table and is most certainly not affected by any celestial body or phenomena.

It’s a romantic idea but ultimately nonsense. As is astrology and the idea that stars affect our actions
As for the link to police research? It’s the police with anecdotal evidence. I’m not sure I would give it too much credence.

The moon cycle affecting mood? Maybe. Probably not. I work nights with some very volatile people and the moon doesn’t seem to affect it. Despite the female staff being adamant it does.

Fair play.

I'm certainly not trying to claim any proof of anything, I've heard/read a couple of anecdotes in the last decade so I'm prepared to keep an open mind. The lack of scientific study or evidence either way suggests not many people really give a shit!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best traits: Sagittarians are optimistic, lovers of freedom, hilarious, fair-minded, honest and intellectual. They are spontaneous and fun, usually with a lot of friends, and are perhaps the best conversationalists in the zodiac (maybe tied with Gemini)

All of that is true of me apart from the honesty bit.
The Ex Mrs V is a Sagittarian. I haven't looked back since! [emoji4]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That is a ridiculous leap :)

You may as well suggest that two-thirds of the human body will freeze if left outside at below zero. There is about as much of a link there as your crazy reasoning.

Hang on, I've just had an idea.

Mrs. Fats: <On phone> "WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE PUB? YOU'VE BEEN THERE FIVE HOURS!!!"

Fats: <Drunkenly> "It's not MY fault! It's the moon what made me do it. I'll be back as soon as the tide comes in love"

Can I come to the pub with you? [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] will write us both a letter backed up with loads of evidence and stuff. We might both make husband of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I once heard Tim Vickery talking about astrology on talksport. He was saying how big it was in South America and that some respected managers built teams based on the right mix of star signs.

I found that really interesting and there's obviously much more to it than the random tit bits in the tabloids and trash magazines.

I suspect there might be something in it. The effect of the moon is enough for Sussex OB to change their staffing level as statistically there are more arrests when it's a full moon. If there weren't numbers to back that up most people would call bollocks straight away.

If the moon can do it why not the stars?

I used to work somewhere that cared for people with quite serious mental health issues, and I regularly found that individual’s behaviour changed around the time of the full moon. Not everyone, not every time, but in general there tended to a higher number of incidents when we were around the time of a full moon.

Given that the moon exerts a gravitational pull on the earth is strong enough to affect tides, and given that the human brain and heart are composed of 73% water, I think its entirely possible that if the moon's gravitational force can effect tides it could probably affect human beings to a degree.

But there is a big difference between saying I think the moon’s gravitational force can potentially affect water and chemicals in the brain that might affect an individuals’ behaviour, to saying the moon is going to make me incredibly lucky today with money or love.

Also if you ever read a horoscope, the advice is just generic self help. I randomly looked one up online a minute ago, it said “you’ll be really busy today, with thoughts a mile a minute. Stop and write down them down and come back to them in a few days when you’re calmer.” That could be applied to anyone. Everyone is busy. And telling someone to write your ideas down and have a look at them in a couple of days time has nothing to do with stars etc, its just bland generic self help advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here