Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What's your attitude to ASTROLOGY?

What's your attitude to Astrology?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No one's ever been able to explain to me convincingly how it actually works.

I'm out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I always remember that fat bloke, Russell or something who was like ‘the celebrity astrologist’ back in the 80s/90s.

He once did a “your stars for the year ahead” big piece in one of the national rags.

And then it was discovered that it was exactly WORD-FOR-WORD the same predictions that he’d done in some small regional paper a few years earlier. He’d basically resubmitted the same bollocks, thinking that no-one would spot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are talking about the National Treasure Russell Grant.

He was on TV all the time in the 80s and had numerous newspaper columns.

A charlatan of the highest order, fat as **** and as camp as a lord.

Couldn't really fault him.

https://youtu.be/rPk7NNWVw78

Oh shit. He's still at it!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It’s a load of b*llocks, of course.
But I’d happily chat about the validity of it with a female believer, if there was the prospect of sex at the end of it.

Is the correct answer! Once had girlfriend who was well into it along with crystal healing and tarot cards. Put up with it for 3 months as went like a train!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I'm out.
It means that everyone who was born in the same time period in each year is exactly the same. Everyone, in the whole World.

What's wrong with you? Makes perfect sense.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Code:

I'm out.

Basically you’re one of 12 types of people depending on when your dad blew his beans in your mum.
Then the whereabouts of the stars determine whether you, and all the others in your group, are going to have a good day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Code:

Basically you’re one of 12 types of people depending on when your dad blew his beans in your mum.
Then the whereabouts of the stars determine whether you, and all the others in your group, are going to have a good day.

Well...........Some people believed in Brexit and the Tories to govern us fairly.....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just as with every topic like this I'm a firm "**** do I know" believer. Human knowledge is limited, things that we cant see or measure is not necessariily non-existent. Never had any interest in astrology personally though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pickles from NSC goes to a astrology club in Brighton......

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
1816545_450_450_81393_0_fill_0_de755b12e127afde4fe21b78acae5e86.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I always remember that fat bloke, Russell or something who was like ‘the celebrity astrologist’ back in the 80s/90s.

He once did a “your stars for the year ahead” big piece in one of the national rags.

And then it was discovered that it was exactly WORD-FOR-WORD the same predictions that he’d done in some small regional paper a few years earlier. He’d basically resubmitted the same bollocks, thinking that no-one would spot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to listen to the lyrics in the video I posted..........

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I once heard Tim Vickery talking about astrology on talksport. He was saying how big it was in South America and that some respected managers built teams based on the right mix of star signs.

I found that really interesting and there's obviously much more to it than the random tit bits in the tabloids and trash magazines.

I suspect there might be something in it. The effect of the moon is enough for Sussex OB to change their staffing level as statistically there are more arrests when it's a full moon. If there weren't numbers to back that up most people would call bollocks straight away.

If the moon can do it why not the stars?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The tabloid stuff is nonsense and mumbo jumbo but If you really spend time researching the make up of universe, and the composition of life (energy, electromagnetism, vibrational frequency etc) then you would find it impossible to come to any other conclusion than the position of the sun and planets on each other has a big effect on all living matter.

It has been proven that the effect of solar activity has a big affect on financial trading for example as emotional volatility increases massively during solar storms, in fact the federal bank of Atlanta has published a study on it, and one of the most famous and successful traders of all time WD Gann based his system on astrology. Reading books on the later is particularly mind blowing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It has been proven that the effect of solar activity has a big affect on financial trading for example as emotional volatility increases massively during solar storms, in fact the federal bank of Atlanta has published a study on it, and one of the most famous and successful traders of all time WD Gann based his system on astrology. Reading books on the later is particularly mind blowing.

Do you smoke a lot of weed?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I once heard Tim Vickery talking about astrology on talksport. He was saying how big it was in South America and that some respected managers built teams based on the right mix of star signs.

I found that really interesting and there's obviously much more to it than the random tit bits in the tabloids and trash magazines.

I suspect there might be something in it. The effect of the moon is enough for Sussex OB to change their staffing level as statistically there are more arrests when it's a full moon. If there weren't numbers to back that up most people would call bollocks straight away.

If the moon can do it why not the stars?

Hahaha awesome. And so we think there is more crime because the ne’er do wells get all riled up by a full moon. Sort of like a Tesco Value werewolf thing? Could it be something else? I mean, if they lay on more staff there are more bobbies out there, policing! Perhaps that is why there are more arrests!?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I don’t believe any of it but for the vast majority of people this kind of bobbins is a little thing they bore blokes with. I only have a problem with these type of beliefs when people start exploiting vulnerable people for money or tell them it can cure their cancer etc.

It’s a bit like homeopathy, it’s bullshit but if people with capacity wish to spend their money on it, more fool them. My Mother trusted it over proper medicine with cancer and she died because of it.

Thee things are generally harmless but there are dangerous people out there, exploiting it .

Homeopathy is an amazing gig. The MORE diluted the concoction, the MORE POWERFUL the remedy. It’s like the whole thing is a blatant trolling exercise. It’s like chucking a single PG Tips pyramid bag in the harbour and telling the entire world you’ve made them tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here