Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Lewis Hamilton the greatest living British sportsman?

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
If I understand your argument it’s that we don’t know how good Giggs was because he was chosen to play for the best team of his era and won shed loads of trophies? Or put another way we don’t know how god he was because of how good he was....I’m sure you can understand how ludicrous this sounds.
Don't know why you would think I was saying that.
What I'm trying to say is, he would have been just as good a player if he played for Liverpool but he would not have had as many winners medals.
So the amount of medals you have doesn't mean your the best or having fewer medals doesn't mean you're not the best.

Hamilton got the best car, because he’s the best driver. A reward for his brilliance.

Although until he joined Mercedes, there was no certainty they’d be the best, Red Bull and Ferrari all in a tussle to be the best.

I agree with you but, we don't know how many he would have had if he was driving for Ferrari.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't know why you would think I was saying that.
What I'm trying to say is, he would have been just as good a player if he played for Liverpool but he would not have had as many winners medals.
So the amount of medals you have doesn't mean your the best or having fewer medals doesn't mean you're not the best.

I agree with you but, we don't know how many he would have had if he was driving for Ferrari.

I actually agree with your first point. Shearer and Kane are in my opinion far better strikers than Solskjaer and Gabriel Jesus, but the former got just one EPL winners medal and Kane will likely end with zero. Choice of club makes a huge difference.

F1 - Who will ever know, but we do know that in a couple of recent seasons the Ferrari developed into a superior car. But the unerring and relentless perfection of Hamilton (and Wolff on strategy) caused Ferrari and Vettel to make error after error mid race. Perhaps that superior car and Hamilton would’ve bagged a couple of titles for Ferrari in the drivers championship?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. Is this thread still bubblin'? FFS!

Edit, oh I see Moldy Brains is still at it.

Lewis is still black. Get over it :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports