Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Dental Hygiene.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Like many here never really got the Scale and Clean story ,laid back in the chair for a check-up and 'yes all is good but YOU NEED A SCALE A CLEAN and five mins of digging out of crap and it could hurt. If we could get that service again at a Dentist,sign us up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Most NSCites on here are of a certain age, who have teeth that resemble a car crash in a cemetery or they just post them to the hygienist for cleaning.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Most NSCites on here are of a certain age, who have teeth that resemble a car crash in a cemetery or they just post them to the hygienist for cleaning.

I still brush my tooth every other day.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m sure that every decent dental practice has hygienists. I always book a check up and a hygienist appointment to follow.

Our practice up here was NHS, then moved towards Denplan.
We don't pay too much, but have the benefit of booking dentist and hygienist on the same day.
Same affiliation to Albion Dental in Brighton.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I only learnt hygienist was a thing about 7-8 years ago when Mrs Zef declared the dentist nigh on opposite our house was the best in the world. . . . . She'd done posh ones in Sydney, NYC and London. So After 18 years keeping my powder dry . . . I went to the dentist . . . . I learnt a lot, most of all ( after some grade A drugs 2 extractions, 2 fillings). Good hygiene/brushing, and as you get older flossing is key, teeth kind of look after them selves if your gums are good. Space dust aside . . . .and there are many forms of 'space dust' that ruin teeth/gums

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Managed to get a Dentist and Hygienist appt a couple of weeks ago. I never much enjoy the Hygienist bit because they use a water scale which sets off my sensitive teeth.

At the moment though, I was told they can't use a water scaler, or drill for that matter without the full hazmat suit. So I think wasn't as uncomfortable as usual

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Managed to get a Dentist and Hygienist appt a couple of weeks ago. I never much enjoy the Hygienist bit because they use a water scale which sets off my sensitive teeth.

At the moment though, I was told they can't use a water scaler, or drill for that matter without the full hazmat suit. So I think wasn't as uncomfortable as usual

True

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Our dentist charges £20 for the hazmat suit if needed. Have no problem with that at all.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I go for a clean roughly every 6 months. I started caring for my teeth a lot more since moving over here but the 1 thing that I cannot do without now is flossing. How on earth I went through roughly the first 35 years of my life without flossing, I'll never know.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m missing a few but all at the back so not really noticeable, I last went to a dentist about 20 years ago and bulked at the second mortgage I would of needed to get the teeth fixed....greedy c units should of been a dentist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here