Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Monday’s game

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

150 countries taking our match and it's costing us £14.95
But once again I reiterate that for many TV companies the cost is only in buying the rights. The Premier League offer a package of match and English commentators that they just air with adverts and highlights at half and full time. And that is what we get. No extra cost involved for Sky or BT.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's live on BBC Sussex.
and Talk Sport 2.
Thank you. Talk Shite 2 it is then. Unless I can manage to get a table for the family at a "restaurant" that happens to have ppv football on.

Or maybe I could invite a Spanish client and call it a working late lunch with my wife as translator and my son taking notes.

No, no, the rules are very simple....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think the chain pubs (Greene King etc) get these PPV games in with their existing commercial contract. I've been assured the BHA game is on in the Cricks in Southwick tomorrow, with is probablt where I'm headed.
You ********!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is why i'm perplexed. Why is it seemingly outrageous to spend £15 for a family to watch an Albion game on TV - with the revenue going to the club - yet perfectly fine to support (ad supported or ££) the murky/semi legal suppliers of internet streams who bank their money for god knows what. .

Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Amazon, Google & YouTube won't pay any money and there are no extra adverts.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This is why i'm perplexed. Why is it seemingly outrageous to spend £15 for a family to watch an Albion game on TV - with the revenue going to the club - yet perfectly fine to support (ad supported or ££) the murky/semi legal suppliers of internet streams who bank their money for god knows what. .

Do we know how much of that £15 the club gets?

Has it been announced?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The game is definitely on there but good luck getting a seat. I'm pretty sure it is fully booked. You might want to give them a ring this morning.

I'll pop along there lunchtime for a cheeky pint and find out (gives me an excuse). If its all booked up then moody stream it is, nay bother.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheeky lunchtime pint?! It gets worse!!!! :rant:

big-smile-emoticon-thumbs-260nw-1294027525.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I estimated we earnt £47 from the Burnley game watched by 74 people

Joking aside - i'm no fan of the PPV model given i already subscribe to BT/Sky and i'm a season ticket holder and £14.95 is pretty steep.
But the club gets £0 from streams and i don't see any campaigns to boycott them of a Saturday and donate ££ to foodbanks instead.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Joking aside - i'm no fan of the PPV model given i already subscribe to BT/Sky and i'm a season ticket holder and £14.95 is pretty steep.
But the club gets £0 from streams and i don't see any campaigns to boycott them of a Saturday and donate ££ to foodbanks instead.

I don't really see your logic here but my judgement may be clouded by the fact that I am absolutely SEETHING with [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and his smug pint quaffing.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I wish I was joking but there was actually some substance to my calculation.

I allowed £12.50 into the fund excluding “admin” and dividend the revenue down by the 20 clubs.

Take your point on stream income, which in my opinion could be countered quite easily with a realistic price point of a “premier league pass” at say £200 per annum gets you all the games for c£5 which counters the argument of watching a free stream of poor quality vs a small outlay for decent coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't really see your logic here but my judgement may be clouded by the fact that I am absolutely SEETHING with [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and his smug pint quaffing.

I think that there's a whiff of hypocrisy about being frustrated at the pricing of PPV (I am to be clear) - yet at the same time being perfectly happy to pay £0 or ££ to god knows who for semi legal streams.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think that there's a whiff of hypocrisy about being frustrated at the pricing of PPV (I am to be clear) - yet at the same time being perfectly happy to pay £0 or ££ to god knows who for semi legal streams.

I still don't see it at all. If you already pay Sky / BT whatever wedge a month for ALL the sports channels then why should you pay extra for ......er.... sport on a sports channel?

It's outrageous levels of profiteering by the TV companies when they know that some people will pay because they can't go to the games and are desperate to watch their team.

Do you seriously think that the Albion will make any proper money out of this game tonight from PPV? Of course we wont. So where's the problem with people sticking two fingers up to BT and watching a stream? The quality might be crap and you might have to endure Andy Townsend or some shouty Arabian bloke commentating, but at least you're not being fleeced.

Personally, I can't be arsed with streams. Even when you get a perfect one, it can cut out at the worst moment. Plus you can't pause it, rewind it, fast forward it to laugh at some hideous Palace chav in the crowd or Sean Dyche tripping over a water bottle. Where's the FUN in THAT? But I don't see in any way whatsoever that those who do watch streams are ripping the club off or doing anything wrong.

It's akin to saying that taping songs off the radio was killing music in the 80's while A&R execs were driving around in Ferraris. Nonsense.

Anyway, I've just bagged a table at a local boozer in front of a big screen for me the Mrs and the nipper to have some snap and watch the game with a few drinks.

(So screw you Boris and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] :lolol: ) :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That's assuming those who are frustrated at the price of PPV are all the same posters that also have access to the game via a simple YouTube search.

You're doing what I always do, treating all of NSC as The Borg and not The Federation. :smile:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyway, I've just bagged a table at a local boozer in front of a big screen for me the Mrs and the nipper to have some snap and watch the game with a few drinks.

(So screw you Boris and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] :lolol: ) :albion2:

Likewise, I've just had a pleasant couple of pints and bagged me one of the last 2 tables left at the Cricks (a goodun as well, tall table/chairs, prime viewing position). I was half tempted to stay there and wait for the game, but thought I'd better get back and check me emails. Plus I'd be spannered by kickoff.

God I LOVE WFH :clap:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's assuming those who are frustrated at the price of PPV are all the same posters that also have access to the game via a simple YouTube search.

You're doing what I always do, treating all of NSC as The Borg and not The Federation. :smile:

Its a fair point. Its a small minority of fans i'm guessing but the point stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here