Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Slowly, slowly catchy monkey

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can draw conclusions before a ball has even been kicked should you wish to (and you have given us permission of course.) Making various observations and drawing certain conclusions at various states throughout the season is kinda the point, and why it is an interesting discussion to have. Not a lot of point in making any kind of prediction once the season is over and/or half the season has been played. What’s the ‘fun’ in that. Wally

Glad to see that with some hindsight you’ve had your breakfast and realised the stupidity of your first post.

Note to self: Always PM Bore(d) Brother before posting and make sure he will find your post as interesting as others.

I will post what I want, how I want, and where I want, as will everyone else and if you don’t wish to (can’t) make an interesting contribution then don’t. You’re not the fun police!

...my main point of discussion was our degree of (perceived) improvement vs others (at this early point in the season granted) and that in my opinion (which is the only one that matters) and the opinion of several others too it would seem, is that it was an interesting point worthy of discussion and a naughty little thread all of it’s own.

Rather than spending your morning on this thread you can go and troll other threads you do find worthy of your time.

Thanks for your valuable contribution, you bully.
Wowzers - someone needed another hour in bed.

It would seem from this cruel and crushing take down of me that you're allowed an opinion but I'm not.

That doesn't seem entirely fair to me.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Amongst all the bizarre VAR decisions, the Maguire one yesterday is the crowning turd in the water system. There can’t be any logical explanation (within the laws) for that not being a penalty when a ref looks at it from a decent angle - I can accept it being missed on-field as there is a lot to look at, but not in a replay. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a professional game again.

Not sure if you're referring to player or ref, I'd like to, and will, assume both. :cheers:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
On that basis we're a decent goal scorer away from mid-table.

Hardly virgin territory, is it?

Not really? We've scored 9 in those 5 games. Our problem this time is conceding, 11 goals is too many. We need to get that back under control but remember we've played top of the table Everton and free scoring Chelsea and Man U which account for 10 of the 11 goals it doesn't look quite so bad when you factor that in? We've also scored 5 goals against those sides which also bodes well.

I think once we have a more representative sample of teams played you may find things look a lot better. I think we are on course for a relatively good season and have made a decent start. Time will tell mind...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really? We've scored 9 in those 5 games. Our problem this time is conceding, 11 goals is too many. We need to get that back under control but remember we've played top of the table Everton and free scoring Chelsea and Man U which account for 10 of the 11 goals it doesn't look quite so bad when you factor that in? We've also scored 5 goals against those sides which also bodes well.

I think once we have a more representative sample of teams played you may find things look a lot better. I think we are on course for a relatively good season and have made a decent start. Time will tell mind...

Yeah you're probably right.
It comes to something when we Brighton fans are looking at nearly 2 goals a game and bemoaning the amount of missed opportunities and lack of goals.
Not so long ago 2 goals a month would have had us in raptures.

Careful of the other point though, the OP might get his claws into you.
Although he's following me around like a love sick teen, at the moment, so you might get away with it.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Wowzers - someone needed another hour in bed.

It would seem from this cruel and crushing take down of me that you're allowed an opinion but I'm not.

That doesn't seem entirely fair to me.

You silly hypocrite haha

My far too young GF woke me up after 3hrs sleep for a lift to school, (yes, on a Sunday. She’s very dedicated.) so to be fair I got very little sleep last night, but it’s a big wide world out there and I wanna enjoy life, (50k on my carbon steed awaits. Yes, I like to cycle too, and I’ve got some catching up to do on the Giro. If you weren’t such a miserable s0d I’m sure we’d have plenty you would approve of discussing.) not waste it in bed. Have a wonderful day. x

Although he's following me around like a love sick teen, at the moment, so you might get away with it.

Bless. Is the forum bully feeling bullied? (My work here is done.) Peace

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yeah you're probably right.
It comes to something when we Brighton fans are looking at nearly 2 goals a game and bemoaning the amount of missed opportunities and lack of goals.
Not so long ago 2 goals a month would have had us in raptures.

It's a view, others are available? After the Everton game there was a thread on the inevitability of relegation. We have our fair share of reactionary loons who are convinced every defeat is terminal but those people probably think I see things through Rose coloured specs? As I said its too soon to know but my money is on the fact that we dominated the two games against the teams we'd be in a mini league with Newcastle and Palace, took 4 points from those two away games and should've had 6 which as a form line if it pans out it says very good season to me...

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
You silly hypocrite haha

My far too young GF woke me up after 3hrs sleep for a lift to school, (yes, on a Sunday. She’s very dedicated.) so to be fair I got very little sleep last night, but it’s a big wide world out there and I wanna enjoy life, (50k on my
carbon steed awaits. Yes, I like to cycle too, and I’ve got some catching up to do on the Giro. If you weren’t such a miserable s0d I’m sure we’d have plenty you would approve of discussing.) not waste it in bed. Have a wonderful day. x

Bless. Is the forum bully feeling bullied? (My work here is done.) Peace

I love this forum for random weird stuff like this post. :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Key ‘ins’ vs last season

Lallana
Welbeck
White
Veltman

Key ‘outs’ vs last season

Stephens
Murray
Duffy
Montoya

Significant upgrade in all cases IMO regardless of improvements and developments elsewhere in the squad (Lamptey, Alzate, March, Webster, Bissouma etc). We’ll be alright.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I honestly think we are going to fight to the end to stay up. We aren't as good as some people think. Our defending is atrocious

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Amongst all the bizarre VAR decisions, the Maguire one yesterday is the crowning turd in the water system. There can’t be any logical explanation (within the laws) for that not being a penalty when a ref looks at it from a decent angle - I can accept it being missed on-field as there is a lot to look at, but not in a replay. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a professional game again.

Agreed - this is why I dislike VAR so much. So much of it is STILL down to one person's opionon and ultimately is completely subjective.

If it's down to one person's opinion then take VAR away and let the ref make the decisions on his own, right or wrong, and reduce all the stoppages such issues cause.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here