Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Slowly, slowly catchy monkey

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
We have improved. No question. We are getting stronger and stronger and I LOVE the football we’re playing, BUT, have others improved ‘more?’ ...ensuring despite the obvious improvement we can all see, that we will once again more likely remain closer to the bottom than the top and more likely fighting for our survival rather than moving up the table closer to our aspiration of a top 10 spot.

Contrary to the results at Chelsea and Man U it was clear for all to see that we would do well against those outside the top six. The Newcastle result confirmed our hopes, but then Everton, who have clearly improved dramatically, the results/spending of Villa, Leeds and West Ham, and the usual, consistent strength of Leicester, Wolves and Southampton doesn’t leave a great deal of room for us, or does it?

THANKFULLY it ‘presently’ looks like Fulham and West Brom, as hoped/expected, and Sheffield Utd and Burnley despite recent strength might allow us a degree of comfort this year that we have not enjoyed in seasons past and I do not think Newcastle or the scum will enjoy such a comfortable end to the season this/next year either, subject to a change of manager...

So, where might we realistically end up finishing this season and will we improve? I think we will...but not by much, 14th I reckon. Any higher than that and I think we should be very pleased considering how little we have spent, and how well things are improving throughout the club in so many other areas.

It’s been a peculiar, unpredictable season of football thus far and it’s gonna be interesting that’s for sure. It’s a strange feeling, but although I do not think we’re going to be challenging much further up the table than we’re used to, I do not feel concerned about us going down and I’ll take that. That is improvement! (and unlike others, I reckon, once we get where we wanna be, we’ll stay there!)

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Football is drunk.
Someone unexpected will win the league, someone unexpected to go down will.
My football mojo is through the floor.
Bollocks to it all and bonjour x

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We have improved. No question. We are getting stronger and stronger and I LOVE the football we’re playing, BUT, have others improved ‘more?’ ...ensuring despite the obvious improvement we can all see, that we will once again more likely remain closer to the bottom than the top and more likely fighting for our survival rather than moving up the table closer to our aspiration of a top 10 spot.

Contrary to the results at Chelsea and Man U it was clear for all to see that we would do well against those outside the top six. The Newcastle result confirmed our hopes, but then Everton, who have clearly improved dramatically, the results/spending of Villa, Leeds and West Ham, and the usual, consistent strength of Leicester, Wolves and Southampton doesn’t leave a great deal of room for us, or does it?

THANKFULLY it ‘presently’ looks like Fulham and West Brom, as hoped/expected, and Sheffield Utd and Burnley despite recent strength might allow us a degree of comfort this year that we have not enjoyed in seasons past and I do not think Newcastle or the scum will enjoy such a comfortable end to the season this/next year either, subject to a change of manager...

So, where might we realistically end up finishing this season and will we improve? I think we will...but not by much, 14th I reckon. Any higher than that and I think we should be very pleased considering how little we have spent, and how well things are improving throughout the club in so many other areas.

It’s been a peculiar, unpredictable season of football thus far and it’s gonna be interesting that’s for sure. It’s a strange feeling, but although I do not think we’re going to be challenging much further up the table than we’re used to, I do not feel concerned about us going down and I’ll take that. That is improvement! (and unlike others, I reckon, once we get where we wanna be, we’ll stay there!)

Good post and something I’ve been worried about. We’ve improved but it seems others have improved faster. The Premier League is an arms race.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Let’s see how we do against the bottom 4.

There are 24 points to be had from them, if we are to finish in our best position ever, we’ll need to be taking most of them.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Next 3 games will be a marker. Need 6 points from WBA and Burnley, Spurs the free shot I would say.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It seems to me that the questions is: Are we able to turn these great performances into points.

The last piece of the jigsaw I guess. It can certainly be done. A la Newcastle .

I agree that the next few games is going to be key.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it doesn't help when the refs let big name players get away with mugging opponents (Maguire and Pickford ) whereas little Tariq gets a penalty given against him for farting on Batshoohiyee.....refereeing is a joke this season , almost like its intentional.

my mojo will improve if we wipe the floor with west brom.

Stumpy Tim

It seems always to be that we are relying on other teams to be shit to help us out.
Won't happen every season.

That is what a league is. Liverpool relied on 19 teams being shitter than them last season

For me, I just want us to stay up this season, so when we can return to the stadium we'll be a Premier League team. Football is rubbish without fans there

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
it doesn't help when the refs let big name players get away with mugging opponents (Maguire and Pickford ) whereas little Tariq gets a penalty given against him for farting on Batshoohiyee.....refereeing is a joke this season , almost like its intentional.

my mojo will improve if we wipe the floor with west brom.

Lamptey's was a penalty but Maguire V Chelsea was not!!

The biggest problem with referring is consistency. No one would mind if they were at least consistent. We'd complain for a bit but at least we would understand.

One good thing about Optus Sport over here in Aus is that Dermot Gallagher explains the decisions and the process (as best he can). It is very interesting listening to him and often you can see where the refs were coming from at least.

I think it would be a brilliant idea for them to come out and explain their decisions after a game.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That is what a league is. Liverpool relied on 19 teams being shitter than them last season

For me, I just want us to stay up this season, so when we can return to the stadium we'll be a Premier League team. Football is rubbish without fans there

Agree. Finding it really hard to get into this season because of no fans/15 quid to watch most of our games on telly now /games on all over the place... But I don't think it's been helped by us seemingly being stuck in our same ways of playing well /not picking up points whilst others pick up unexpected points all over the place (although I accept its very early days). Frustrating so far.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t get the panic yet. We battered palace and united and should have won both. Had we got the proper results the performance deserved - yes the shocking refereeing in both should be included with Maguire manhandling dunk, lamptey pen and obviously connelly changed on VAR. Then we would be sitting 9 points and a win tomorrow could send us 3rd. This is not “should have taken that chance” stuff, this is the assistant ref messed up. The “we should have taken that chance and beaten them” that I am not including was Chelsea. That was just one of those things.

After 5 games only Liverpool had taken more shots and no ones keeper had made fewer saves. We should be fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see how you can come to any conclusions after 5 games.

The disparity within the division is massive.

There are 4 (four) teams that still haven't won a game, 2 of those are new to the division, 2 have been under invested.

That's a lot of 'easy' wins for some teams throwing the division out of kilter.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't see how you can come to any conclusions after 5 games.

The disparity within the division is massive.

There are 4 (four) teams that still haven't won a game, 2 of those are new to the division, 2 have been under invested.

That's a lot of 'easy' wins for some teams throwing the division out of kilter.

This.

We’ve played well so far, an observation rather than a conclusion [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

That's a great post.

The only bit I'd add from a personal point of view is if Brighton could start to win a few games and get to a position of safety it would help me deal with this sh1t Covid pandemic and the doom and gloom it's created.

A long dark winter which includes a bed-wetting relegation struggle will be too much to bear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here