Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] House prize draw/Worthing, Kingston gorse.

albionite

May 20, 2009
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=...SNNypeouljLxLprbwL3J2tb2J04MaNI&v=Io_8mBTuPlY

Anyone else entered one of these type of competitions?
After seeing these regularly on my Facebook feed and ignoring, this one has got my attention ( it being close by).
I'd imagine the odds on winning are slim but must be better than lottery ticket. Doesn't seem that they have sold enough tickets yet so maybe no chance.:lol: at least a couple of charities will benefit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can nearly see my dream house, from that one!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They have already extended it once as not sold enough so more than likely will be a cash prize

albionite

May 20, 2009
I believe 5 houses have been won so far this year, don't know how that compares to how many have not reached the target and cash prize has been given out instead .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So if they don't reach the reserve target does the guy trouser 90% of the cash, give 10% to the nominated charities and go on to sell his gaff for £1.5m???

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmm. Just looked at the Gambling Commission website guidance and the draw website and they don't appear to comply. If you check the T&Cs, they are clear they are a prize draw rather than a lottery/raffle. The distinction is that you must offer a free entry option by post which must not be more than the entry fee (which they do) and you must give the free option the same prominence as the paid option (which they do not). There is one mention of a free entry on the home page with no details on what that entails and no mention at all on the entry page. You have to dig down to find how to get your free entry.

It may seem I am being picky but if you don't offer a free entry then you are running a lottery which must be regulated by the Gambling Commission. With the sums involved, I would expect complete compliance with the guidelines. I am fairly sure it is legit and a nice idea but it rings a few alarm bells for me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here