Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Dartford Crossing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are you the individual who posted on here that they were a traffic warden?

You know what, I’d love to be one for a day. I’d sit posting penalty after penalty outside Costa etc. All day, everyday, there’s a steady stream of double yellow offenders who can’t be bothered to walk 30 yards from car parks yet have no trouble causing traffic jams. Saw one getting a ticket the other day, finally. Oh how I laughed. Chocolate dust with that takeaway?!! The TW’s are community hero’s!! :clap:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
All the debt for the bridge was paid off in 2002, the tolls were abolished in 2003, its not a toll, its a "charge" now.

Exactly. I remember pissing myself when they justified it by saying “we promised we would abolish the toll, which we have done”. Without a hint of irony as they introduced a charge at 50% more expensive.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Yep. **** up. Mistake. Same thing. It’s a few quid penalty. Just needs to pay it not bleat on about it, seeking ‘advice’ on how to not.

I can only assume you're quite angry at something or someone at the moment - and you're venting...

We are all human, and sometimes we make genuine mistakes. A genuine mistake deserves some level of forgiveness, doesn't it? :shrug:

I got caught in a box junction in London recently. It was either ram the car in front to get off it, or hang half my rear tyre on the edge and cause sod all inconvenience to anyone and pay the fine. I paid the fine because I can afford to and I couldn't be arsed with the shite of appealing - and this was after the advice of the good people here on NSC who were happy to offer advice. However, not everyone can afford to brush it off..... and sometimes it's the principle. Nobody would set fire to £40 (or whatever it is) would they?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's a bit of a tit as he seems to prove on almost every thread he posts on.

These days? You’ve been doing so since joining. What a tw at!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can only assume you're quite angry at something or someone at the moment - and you're venting...

We are all human, and sometimes we make genuine mistakes. A genuine mistake deserves some level of forgiveness, doesn't it? :shrug:

I got caught in a box junction in London recently. It was either ram the car in front to get off it, or hang half my rear tyre on the edge and cause sod all inconvenience to anyone and pay the fine. I paid the fine because I can afford to and I couldn't be arsed with the shite of appealing - and this was after the advice of the good people here on NSC who were happy to offer advice. However, not everyone can afford to brush it off..... and sometimes it's the principle. Nobody would set fire to £40 (or whatever it is) would they?

Oh please. It’s a small parking like fine. Anyone who cannot afford that won’t have a car. Plus AS HAS BEEN SAID if a first offence it gets WAVED! There really is nothing to see he. Except a bunch of snowflakes whinging about the ‘social injustice’....of a parking fine... :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh please. It’s a small parking like fine. Anyone who cannot afford that won’t have a car. Plus AS HAS BEEN SAID if a first offence it gets WAVED! There really is nothing to see he. Except a bunch of snowflakes whinging about the ‘social injustice’....of a parking fine... :lolol:

It’s not social injustice- it’s simple fairness it’s an excessive charge for a mistake that’s easy to make (I’ve done it myself - not on the crossing but in a car park - a gentle email to the admins got the charge removed, as is quite likely to happen with this) and where it’s blindingly obvious the OP meant to pay.

....and it’s ‘waived’. [emoji16]

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
You have no excuse. Just pay the fine. Blimey, so many people post on here and think they’re entitled to **** up without consequences. I did the same and paid up. I was ridiculously stressed and bereaved at the time so it’s no wonder I forgot but did I go moaning to the authorities with a hard luck story? No. And neither should you. Because you’re an adult. Deal with it.

More fool you for paying up without challenging it. You sound like a very submissive person. Where's your backbone?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More fool you for paying up without challenging it. You sound like a very submissive person. Where's your backbone?

Ha ha, nice effort. Your mental attempt at fishing is pathetic. What a nob.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s not social injustice- it’s simple fairness it’s an excessive charge for a mistake that’s easy to make (I’ve done it myself - not on the crossing but in a car park - a gentle email to the admins got the charge removed, as is quite likely to happen with this) and where it’s blindingly obvious the OP meant to pay.

....and it’s ‘waived’. [emoji16]

I know, it happens all the time. You don’t get martyr status for contesting a fine though. Free the Dartford 1 eh?:lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another worthwhile contribution from Mr Angry.

Stop giving me your tag. Just cause you got rightly called out as, on the PPV thread. Besides, I’m Mr Rage, everyone knows Mr Rage kicks Mr Angry’s arse in Roger Hargreaves epic series. The loser...punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here