Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Dartford Crossing

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hi all

just looking for some advice. I crossed over to the North and back recently and duly paid the crossing fare. On return I checked my emails to see that the confirmation email from Dart Crossings showed I'd put the wrong registration number in. I contacted them to sort it and they informed me that I would get a refund for my wrong number but two penalty charges for late payment. Seems ridiculously harsh and wondered if anyone had any tips to appeal this?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That is harsh, they have had no loss or delay in revenue, but I suspect they have a system that makes fines easier to produce than switching the reg associated to a payment.

Try Pepipoo for advice, there is suggestion there that a polite complaint to the Dart charge Twitter account is often fruitful. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=130770

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I put in the wrong registration once but since it was a 1st offence the fine was either trivial or £0 ( I don't remember which ) so I just paid the charge again and the small/zero fine.

I only went 1 way that was chargeable though as the reverse trip was not between 6am and 10pm ( so free ).

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
One one occasion I missed the payment date . Rang the next day , apologized and was spared the fine as the operator explained that everyone is allowed one error .

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Only used the bridge once, taking g my daughter back to Kingston university. Used the bridge and it was free. Is it the tunnel that charges?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Charged both ways but only between 6am and 10pm.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You have no excuse. Just pay the fine. Blimey, so many people post on here and think they’re entitled to **** up without consequences. I did the same and paid up. I was ridiculously stressed and bereaved at the time so it’s no wonder I forgot but did I go moaning to the authorities with a hard luck story? No. And neither should you. Because you’re an adult. Deal with it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You have no excuse. Just pay the fine. Blimey, so many people post on here and think they’re entitled to **** up without consequences. I did the same and paid up. I was ridiculously stressed and bereaved at the time so it’s no wonder I forgot but did I go moaning to the authorities with a hard luck story? No. And neither should you. Because you’re an adult. Deal with it.

:lol: snickers?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

Are you the individual who posted on here that they were a traffic warden?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

That is a rather harsh and unkind reply. Your attitude makes me think you must consider you're right most of the time.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I set up automatic payment recently for my 2 cars to avoid the prospect of forgetting. I've got to make a few trips to Norwich for GGCM Junior who is now at uni there. I like the convenience.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I remember when that thing was built, sure they said when it was paid for the tolls would stop. Bet it could have been built 10 times by now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I remember when that thing was built, sure they said when it was paid for the tolls would stop. Bet it could have been built 10 times by now.

All the debt for the bridge was paid off in 2002, the tolls were abolished in 2003, its not a toll, its a "charge" now.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

That's a bit harsh!

I asked my employee to pay my charge (both ways - and on hands free as I was driving), which he did, but he got the first two letters of the registration number mixed up. I didn't know about it until I got the fine, obviously, as I thought it was paid.

I sent a letter explaining the cock-up, and they let it slide - albeit with a warning for it not to happen again.

Forgetting to pay the charge is a "**** up". Paying it so the Government have their money either way, and tapping in the wrong registration number is a "mistake".....

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

What a tit you are

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's a bit harsh!

I asked my employee to pay my charge (both ways - and on hands free as I was driving), which he did, but he got the first two letters of the registration number mixed up. I didn't know about it until I got the fine, obviously, as I thought it was paid.

I sent a letter explaining the cock-up, and they let it slide - albeit with a warning for it not to happen again.

Forgetting to pay the charge is a "**** up". Paying it so the Government have their money either way, and tapping in the wrong registration number is a "mistake".....

Yep. **** up. Mistake. Same thing. It’s a few quid penalty. Just needs to pay it not bleat on about it, seeking ‘advice’ on how to not.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That is a rather harsh and unkind reply. Your attitude makes me think you must consider you're right most of the time.

And your spine makes be think you’re a jellyfish. Pay the what is it, thirty quid. Or nothing if it’s a first offence. Stop being so wet. Seeking advice...sake...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here