Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aussie Rules - Geelong V Richmond Grand Final.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anyone watching this?

My beloved Cats (Geelong) are slight underdogs against a Tigers (Richmond) team that are looking for their third flag in 4 years.

Interesting stat, Dustin Martin (Richmond) has won Best on Ground (mom) in 80% of the finals he has played in. Eek.

Should be a good game.

Go Cats.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Both play intense football, both have some brilliant players. Should be fast and furious .

Mainly though, because the Cats might win and I'll be delighted :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Live on BTSport 3.
Kick off 9.30am Saturday

I'm really looking forward to this and hope for a Tigers win.
I've seen about 10 games live including the 2010 Grand Final replay when Collingwood beat St.Kilda.
It's easy to dismiss something you don't understand, but it's fast and furious and requires great strength and fitness.

It's best compared to British Bulldog with a rugby ball. And today in Brisbane is peeing down so it's going to be fun.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Live on BTSport 3.
Kick off 9.30am Saturday

I'm really looking forward to this and hope for a Tigers win.
I've seen about 10 games live including the 2010 Grand Final replay when Collingwood beat St.Kilda.
It's easy to dismiss something you don't understand, but it's fast and furious and requires great strength and fitness.

It's best compared to British Bulldog with a rugby ball. And today in Brisbane is peeing down so it's going to be fun.
It's a brilliant game. Exciting in a different way to football. Fast, skillful and intense.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone watching this?

My beloved Cats (Geelong) are slight underdogs against a Tigers (Richmond) team that are looking for their third flag in 4 years.

Interesting stat, Dustin Martin (Richmond) has won Best on Ground (mom) in 80% of the finals he has played in. Eek.

Should be a good game.

Go Cats.

Bah humbug! I'm still traumatised by Collingwood's embarrasing thrashing at the hands of Geelong t'other week :eek:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I really should try to get into AFL. But what stops me is the lack of integrity in being a fan of a team. When I arrived here I asked my son-in-law how I should choose a team, he said you just choose one. Based on what I replied? Whatever you like I was told, club colours, who is successful, whatever. Who is my local team I asked? Who cares I was told.

Since then I have learned that in the past teams have had their names changed/altered to allow relocation to more receptive areas, and to allow the game to build far beyond its Victorian roots. Take note UK, teams are becoming more commonly referred to by nicknames, right now the news programme is calling tonight’s game ‘Tigers v Cats’. One of the oldest clubs called Collingwood are nicknamed the Magpies, but even that is being shortened to ‘Pies’. This allows a club in a closed league to pick itself up and move hundreds/thousands of miles without any change of identity, and its long standing local fans dropped like stone. It is exactly what the clubs chasing the Euro League want to do, appeal to anybody with no geographical affinity to anyone.

Anyway, I will call Geelong (Cats) as the other mob have won twice in the last three years.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Always entertains me to do the umpire pointy thing when a normal football player balloons the ball 20 yards over the bar.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
5TAAh4.gif

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just had a look at the umpire signals as I am sure I remember a chest bang before the pointy thing but they don't seem to do that any more. But looking at the other signals, I knew Aussies had a reputation for being a bit right wing but WOW.

Aussie.png
Aussie2.png
Aussie3.png

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Had I been brought up in Australia (it almost happened) I’d love to have played Aussie Rules. It’s got everything. They look fitter and more athletic than most other team sports.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hasn't let us down so far. Scrappy game in the wet.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is a cracking final, currently Richmond 46 Geelong 44 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

If you want some entertainment turn on BT Sport for the 4th quarter.

6 points are scored for between the middle posts, only 1 point between the outside posts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Great game. Richmond too good.

Next year Geelong.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do they still get a bloke dressed as a Butcher to judge the scoring?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here